Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: What would you do with your APS Pentax if a full-frame DSLR was offered?
I'd sell all my APS equipment. 1523.81%
I'd keep my APS equipment and have both systems. 1828.57%
APS is great. I have no interest in full-frame digital 3047.62%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cosmo Quote
Pentax should make a full frame digital, they don't even have to bring out a line of new FF lenses. While some people would not be able to benefit from it, alot of people have alot of film lenses, and would love a FF camera to be able to use. All Pentax have to do is take an LX, and wack a sensor in the back, and hey presto!!
Launching into FF DSLR bodies without a line of current FF lenses to go with it would be suicidal. The lenses are what over the long haul pay back most of the R&D that goes into developing the cameras.

And I have to agree with Lowell that if they were to base it off of a legacy body that using either the PZ-1(p) or MZ-S (with an integrated portrait grip) would make tons more sense.

05-15-2009, 09:59 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
But your not losing 50% of your length.
Agreed.... had a brain fart. You and Lowell are correct. And of course I could always crop a FF down to aps-c without losing any resolution of the glass....

Must resist... do not need FF...
05-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The problem is that as the price of full frame comes down, the price of APS C comes down as well. As far as relative pricing, they are still separated quite a bit, with the cheapest full frame cameras coming in at about three times the price of the current K20 prices. I'd much rather invest that extra in lenses than in a higher end body.