Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
photo session after 1.03 K20D firmware upgrade

Thought I'd put up a thread that didn't involve AF griping or K-7 rumors to break up the monotony

The 1.03 definitely seems to have more in-focus pictures after the 1.03 upgrade. I was wondering why the SR seemed worse than the K10D's when I upgraded. Glad SR is finally working well
And I love my 77Ltd for portraits. The Sigma 17-70 is decent enough for in-studio work where you end up at f/8 all the time, but for low DOF, the 77Ltd is awesome

p.s., to make you "this is not an AF thread" folks happy...I was shooting with a guy w/ a D90 and it kicked in the assist light quite a bit on one of the sets. The K20D w/ Sigma 17-70 hunted a little bit (the Nikon guy was using their 18-70 so it's comparable) but the Nikon guy said he had no issues w/ low light.

p.p.s., and yes, these images are gimped...postprocessing is pretty much expected w/ studio/modeling shots. It took roughly 1-4hrs for each image depending on how much stuff I missed when framing the image

Attached Images

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
af, bit, camera, dslr, guy, image, k20d, k20d firmware, light, nikon, photo session, photography, sr