Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Select the option that best describes your agreement with the statement
I have a dual SDM and screw drive lens and I want the ability to choose the focus mechanism. 20258.38%
I am planning on buying a SDM/screw drive lens and I want the ability to choose the focus mechanism. 6919.94%
I will not buy a SDM lens until I have the ability to choose the focus mechanism. 7521.68%
Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #226
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
Creampuff, looks like you missed one.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/1020667-post3.html

Thank you
Russell
Based on that thread, it looks like he missed 2.

04-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #227
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And good luck with that...

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
This is not a popularity poll. It is not a poll about how many have had issues with SDM. It is not a poll to ask your opinion about SDM. It is very simply, a way to count the number of people that want a firmware option to choose SDM or screw drive for focus.

The option for those that don't want an option, don't vote.

Thank you
Russell
Hate to say it, Russell, but you are running into a common reaction when you rock the boat of the true believer: why did you ask it, why did you waste our time, why aren't you smart enough to already know the answer, what gives you the right to even post a poll like this ad nauseum.

I asked a similar question quite a while back about the 17-70 SDM not auto focusing on the K100, and the consensus seemed to be, if I didn't like it, don't buy it, and don't waste our time and bandwidth that could be devoted to speculation about important issues like FF bodies that don't exist. I didn't have the heart to read past the first couple of pages, and maybe this response dropped away, but I doubt it. And I hope you didn't start to actively disagreeing with the majority view later on, for that way lies madness. Good luck,
Brian
04-30-2010, 10:22 PM   #228
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Based on that thread, it looks like he missed 2.
I was just noting the failure in Singapore as seemed relevant to his argument.

Thank you
Russell
04-30-2010, 10:28 PM   #229
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FHPhotographer Quote
And I hope you didn't start to actively disagreeing with the majority view later on, for that way lies madness.
Well past madness for me

I wrote a longer reply to your post, but deleted it after posting it. I just didn't find a correct way to answer and will now simply let my actions speak for themselves. Words are sometimes useless.

Thank you
Russell