Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This forum needs more good humor, so welcome aboard. Oh, and buy a K10 - you will NOT be disappointed.

04-20-2007, 09:31 PM   #17
PDL
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
When I first read the post - I thought is must be a joke - or someone needs to get out of the house more often. Then RH joined in and obviously did not get the joke - not the first time that humor has skipped passed the test pattern checker. Interesting way to introduce yourself.

Now back to cameras - I have a *ist Ds and K10D. I like both and will be using the Ds as my backup camera - or I will let my son use it when we are both out and about. The K100D is the child of the Ds series of cameras - SR would be a great thing to have - but with technique you can get around most issues - even hand holding. The trick is to learn how to lean up against something or learn to be "really still". SR is nice though - you can use low ISO do defeat noise and motion blur becomes less of an issue.

One of best things about the K10D is the overall control all the buttons, switches and thumbwheels it has. Once you get confortable with where all the controlls are, for the most part you can change the characteristics of the camera to fix the situation. With the K100D as with the Ds you have to make changes to the cameras configuration by using the menu - which can interrupt your picture workflow. If you know enough to "get ready" then it is not such an issue - but with the K10D you can make substantial changes to the camera while you are looking through the view finder.

Either camera will be great fun - Welcome to our addiction.

PDL
04-20-2007, 11:36 PM   #18
Veteran Member

the k10d is worth it..
04-21-2007, 06:10 AM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woodyga Quote
RiceHigh,

You dont get it. It was all a joke, Im not even marrired. Although I do have 2 ex wives, and thats not because of my camera hobby. But thats another forums isnt It.

I really just wanted to see if you guys think I should upgrade to the k10.

Woody,
No, you don't get it. We don't care if you're married, don't put folks down for not seeing a "joke." There are members for whom English is a second language. All in all, it was a pretty high school thing to do and not a real good self-introduction.

Lame.

04-21-2007, 06:20 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Do This...

QuoteOriginally posted by woodyga Quote
I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".
I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off.
As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?
I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.
I decided I was going to hide in the garage which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was while I was crouched behind my fourwheeler
getting ready that I dropped my K100D and broke it.

Should I take it into a local shop and get it repaired or just buy a new K10D?

Help!!!!!
Go out and purchase the K10D on your wife's credit card. Capture her image as she is getting out of "The Car" and with the utmost tact and enthusiasm say "My, my are you ever photogenic! If it weren't for the K10D, I don't think I could have captured your beauty as intimately as I just did." I think that should do the trick
04-21-2007, 06:34 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by silvershoes Quote
No, you don't get it. We don't care if you're married, don't put folks down for not seeing a "joke." There are members for whom English is a second language. All in all, it was a pretty high school thing to do and not a real good self-introduction.

Lame.
If you're the kind of person who would seriously say what was said as in intro on a forum - you're beyond help anyway and have no friends.
04-21-2007, 06:45 AM   #22
Inactive Account

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

With some lucky your wife's boyfriend could be a pentax seller and make you a very nice discount...

I WOULD..... hahahahahahahaha

Regards.
Palu
04-21-2007, 08:32 AM   #23
Pentaxian

(I got it)

A lovely afternoon finds one fellow and his wife golfing. They had a wonderful time and the man had a near perfect game. The final hole, by far the most difficult, wraps around an old barn. With a terrible slice the man puts the barn between his ball and the green. Knowing the strokes that it will take to get around the barn will destroy his score, he begins to rant and rave. His wife, hating to see him ruin on such a great afternoon, makes a suggestion.

"What if I were to hold open the barn doors? That way you could send it right through the barn onto the green."

He thinks this over and decides that it will work. With his wife holding open the barn door he lines up with the hole and gives the ball a terrific "whack"! The ball shoots through the air and right into the head of his wife, killing her instantly.

Months go by, the man mourning all the while. His friends, hating to see him in such a state, convince him to go golfing with them. They end up at the same course and on the final hole, oddly enough, another terrible slice puts the old barn between his ball and the green. Again he begins to rant and rave at what this dilemma will do to his score. His friend, wanting to please him, makes a suggestion.

"What if I were to hold open the barn doors? That way you could send it right through the barn onto the green."

"No," the man replies, "last time I did that I got an 8."

04-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #24
Veteran Member

hahahaha, gotta love good golf jokes !!
04-21-2007, 09:30 AM   #25
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by silvershoes Quote

Lame.
Lighten up. It's not like Spanish speaking people don't tell or understand jokes. Not everyone will get it right off, no matter what language they speak, and that is part of the nature of jokes. Like this one....

Confucius say, "Man who go through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok."

Some people won't get it. Some who do will not like me telling it. It's a joke. Don't get bent out of shape.
04-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #26

Original Poster
Well I was out walking on the beach the other day with my girlfriend shooting some pics and guess what, My wife shows up and breaks my camera ----- Oh Sorry i'm also a big Rodney Carrington fan.

Sorry Folks,

I wasn't trying to offend or hammer anyone. Just trying to inject a little humor in this forum. Like it was said, it was a new twist of and old joke posted in an auto forum a couple of years back.
I to was starting to jerk a tear as I was reading it ,when there at the end I realized dang he got me, and I LMAO.
Although that was my first post, Ive been reading your forum for some time now and the info that is shared here is very valuable to all the amatures like me.
In the future I will try to make my post more Politically Correct.
Again my apologies for offending anyone.

Woody
04-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #27
Veteran Member

I second Bens Idea Get the K10D on her account along with a FA* lens or 2 (you know the ones that are extreamly hard to find and cost a tone when you do)
If you love the K100, try finding one used.
BTW what broke on it?