Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #1

urgent help needed

I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".
I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off.
As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?
I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.
I decided I was going to hide in the garage which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was while I was crouched behind my fourwheeler
getting ready that I dropped my K100D and broke it.

Should I take it into a local shop and get it repaired or just buy a new K10D?

Help!!!!!

04-20-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Not sure whether I'm meant to laugh at this or not. I'll feel sorry for you, and laugh as well. Now I'm bipolar. Great.

Ah, anyway. The K10D is a lot more solid and is a lot more powerful - if you've got the money I say upgrade.
04-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sooooo.....did you see whos car she got out of?? Were your suspicions confirmed? Man, please tell me this isnt a joke because the first time i read it i thought it was kinda funny but sad but funny

As for the camera....id go and see how much it'll cost to repair it. The k10 is a very good camera but if you dont need the extra resolution, and most people dont to be honest, id save the money for some good glass.
04-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wouldnt commit to any expenditure at the moment.....divorce can be expensive !

04-20-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woodyga Quote
You definitely need advice, but it's beyond the scope of a photo forum.
04-20-2007, 07:06 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Buy the K10d and indulge your LBA.
04-20-2007, 07:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I saw basically the same post on an automotive forum around 2 years ago, and since it's woodyga's first post I'm 1/2 thinking that he's kidding around

If I remember correctly it was the first and last post from that person on the automotive forum as well

Sorry if you aren't kidding around woodyga, and I hope that you get the K10D, and your wife isn't cheating around.

04-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Spoof or not, my advice stands. Perhaps woodyga should also indulge his fantasy of shooting pin-up nudes. The other matter is not something he can control.
04-20-2007, 07:21 AM   #9

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice

Thanks for the advice guys.

I think I will Get the K10. Been really wanting one anyway.
Probably come in handy to take pictures of my next ex wife. (ha, Ha)

By the way, (some of you are slow) this was a joke.

The K100 is ok.

Woody,
04-20-2007, 07:26 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentax Forums woodyga.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only person here that's seen a post like that before.
04-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #11
Veteran Member

I suppose you're sharing with us the truth and is not kidding for your case..

Forget about your K100D and look into you two's problem immediately. Try to find some chances to discuss truly with your another half. And if in need, find someone for help, e.g., close friends, relatives, or further ask for professionals' help.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up.
She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".
I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off.
As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?
I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with her. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her.
I decided I was going to hide in the garage which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was while I was crouched behind my fourwheeler
getting ready that I dropped my K100D and broke it.

Should I take it into a local shop and get it repaired or just buy a new K10D?

Help!!!!!
04-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #12

Original Poster
RiceHigh,

You dont get it. It was all a joke, Im not even marrired. Although I do have 2 ex wives, and thats not because of my camera hobby. But thats another forums isnt It.

I really just wanted to see if you guys think I should upgrade to the k10.

Woody,
04-20-2007, 08:54 AM   #13
Veteran Member

RiceHigh,

You dont get it. It was all a joke, Im not even marrired. Although I do have 2 ex wives, and thats not because of my camera hobby. But thats another forums isnt It.

I really just wanted to see if you guys think I should upgrade to the k10.

Woody,
I suppose you've made a really bad joke here :-(

If I got it, I simply won't reply!
04-20-2007, 08:12 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
I suppose you've made a really bad joke here :-(
Get a sense of humour, I laughed. Sif anyone would actually be stupid enough to go from marital issues to "I broke my camera".
04-20-2007, 08:39 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Welcome, Woody! I got the joke (old variation on a theme, but still good).

As for the question, I have the K100D and if I was to upgrade, these are the reasons I would:
- Higher resolution would give me more latitude in cropping
- More rugged construction and sealed body
- More controls/options

Here are reasons not to upgrade:
- save the money and spend it on lenses
- low light performance may not be as good as K100D
- possible metering issue with manual lenses and K10D
- possible banding/vertical pattern noise (though I'm not sure that would be a problem for me)

Every now and then I start thinking about how great the K10D would be, and then I'll just think about all the reasons I like the K100D and how I haven't even come close to using all the features.

Anyway, hope this helps.