Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-15-2009, 06:38 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
istD remote question

I've got a wireless remote for my camera, and when I use it, it doesn't take the shot right away. it's in a timed mode. I checked the manual, and this seems normal, but just wondering if anyone has found away around that so it will shot when the remote is pushed.

05-15-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I've got a wireless remote for my camera, and when I use it, it doesn't take the shot right away. it's in a timed mode. I checked the manual, and this seems normal, but just wondering if anyone has found away around that so it will shot when the remote is pushed.
In the custom menu, you can turn on/off autofocus when using the remote. Perhaps the delay is due to the camera having to focus before releasing the shutter?
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonJim Quote
In the custom menu, you can turn on/off autofocus when using the remote. Perhaps the delay is due to the camera having to focus before releasing the shutter?
Not because of auto focus. Manual says that you have to use manual focus with wireless remote.
05-15-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can timer mode be turned off when using remote using the capture setting button on the top right of the camera body?

05-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Can timer mode be turned off when using remote using the capture setting button on the top right of the camera body?
I don't think that it can be turned off. When you go into wireless mode, the timer "icon" isn't even activated. I think that with the wireless, it's timed no matter what, but was hoping maybe someone knew about a work around.
05-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Just as a follow up, I found in the custom menu, an option to select 3 sec delay, or no delay. All is good now.
05-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #7
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thought so.
The menu set up is quite different on the *ist D, but many of the important features are there.