Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
The e-dial on my "new" K100D is not working

I bought a K100D for about $190USD. It looks almost brand new, but the e-dial don't work. The camera works great when I'm using the sceene and the Auto picture modus- The previous owner have used it for about 11 months and he said it had about 400 clicks on it.

How can an e-dial just stop working?

Someone knows about a problem like this?

This is probably going on the warranty, right?

05-17-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Dom

Not knowing the K100D.
My only advise is check the custom settings.
05-17-2009, 07:17 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NorthPentax Quote
I bought a K100D for about $190USD. It looks almost brand new, but the e-dial don't work. The camera works great when I'm using the sceene and the Auto picture modus- The previous owner have used it for about 11 months and he said it had about 400 clicks on it.

How can an e-dial just stop working?

Someone knows about a problem like this?

This is probably going on the warranty, right?
When you say dont work, what modes did you try it on?

Have you tried it in playback mode?

Need details.
05-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I have checked the custom settings, resetted the camera etc.

I have tried with different lenses.

Tried it on all modes and playback. The magnifying tool won't work, so I think it has to be the dial that is broken.

My K20D is in Germany for repairs and now I have a broken K100D, just my luck!

05-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The e-dial does not have a custom setting on the K100D/K100DS. In playback mode it is tied to zoom and display mode (single or multiple) or filter application. In shooting mode it will only work in Av, Tv or M mode to toggle the adjustable settings or for EV compensation.

In one of the shooting modes above when you spin the e-dial do you see the EV compensation change? It could be you have a stuck EV button.
05-17-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
The e-dial does not have a custom setting on the K100D/K100DS. In playback mode it is tied to zoom and display mode (single or multiple) or filter application. In shooting mode it will only work in Av, Tv or M mode to toggle the adjustable settings or for EV compensation.

In one of the shooting modes above when you spin the e-dial do you see the EV compensation change? It could be you have a stuck EV button.
Good suggestion.
05-17-2009, 08:14 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
EV button works. When I press it the LCD display shows me EV compensation 0.0 and nothing happens when I turn the e-dial.

Someone knows how the e-dial works? The dial feels normal.