Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2007, 10:05 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Well, it makes sense to make it optional, and the focus-select mode would override. But I don't think you would change things accidentally as often as all that, because as I noted in the opening post, a single button press doesn't change anything -- once you press fn, then the directional button, you still have to press more buttons to pick your options.

The main issue i would see is that for me and other left eye shooters that i know, when i'm shooting my nose rests against the 4-way button, so it would be a pain to have all the settings reset while i am framing and and shooting, it is bad enough when it changes focus points on me.

The funny thing was i decided to test this i pressed the Fn button to bring up the menu and went about my normal technique and i managed to change my WB setting.

Lastly the flash option in the K10D allows for more then what it does with the DS/L and K100/110 it allows you to set flash compensation, flash modes, rear sync, slow and wireless.

04-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #32
Veteran Member

I like the Fn button. Quick access to common settings. It isn't as good as my D70 which had button access to ISO, WB and Image Quality. It isn't a deal breaker, just more convenient on Nikon.

I like the menu settings better on Pentax than Olympus as well. They seem to make more sense. Again, not as good as Nikon's but still eminently usable.
04-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Skorzen Quote
I think one advantage of the extra button press is that it helps avoid things accidentally getting changed.
Amen to that! Some want direct access buttons - but the Fn button is quick access to shooting-specific functions, and as was said - it would be too easy to screw up the WB (or, worse, change the ISO to 3200 when you wanted 200, for example).

maybe if a new design had a second 4-way directional pad on the upper left somewhere (where a 2nd dial would've been on the top of the camera, for example..)

But the current design suits me just fine.