Photos: Gallery
1. AA Battery compatibility.
2. K Mount.
3. Price

.-.-.

02-14-2010, 04:44 AM   #362
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My last camera (which I still have) is a Pentax MZ-50.
I got lots of fantastic and trouble-free photos with it. Very smart camera in easy mode and very forgiving in manual.

My wife picked up my ist-DL second hand for me last Christmas. What a great gift. Isn't she a good girl ?
Why wouldn't I stay with Pentax ? In my opinion, they are superior in quality and performance for the price range.

Chromo
02-15-2010, 08:18 PM   #363

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I purchased my K10D in late 2008. At the time, I knew nothing about photography, but I had a passion for it and was eager to learn more. Since this was my first DSLR, I had no brand loyalty. I was looking at the Canon 30D and the Nikon D80 and did not even know about Pentax. I went to al local store and the seller putted the three cameras on the counter. I immediatly fell in love with the K10D because it felt like a real tank in my hands. Only the Canon could approach it, but it was not weather sealed. The seller said he personally used Pentax and that they were at least as good as the Canikon. He had a very good deal on the K10D + DA 16-45 combo and I finally made the jump. Soon, I was infected by LBA. First, I needed a fast lens, so I bought a FA 50. Then, a medium zoom, so I went for the DA* 50-135 immediately followed by the DA* 200. Later, since I needed more reach, I bought a Pentax 1.7X adapter to ise with the DA* 200. Even if I had the wide end covered with my zoom, I decided to purchase my first limited, the DA 35. Big mistake. How can anyone resist the build quality and the IQ of the Limited lens ? I loved it, but decided to sell it to finance the purchase of the FA 31 and the Tamron 90mm macro. The reason I bought a Pentax DSLR to begin with is because of value. The reason I stay with Pentax now is because of their awesome lens.