Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #1

*istD Reverts to Small Jpeg on Battery Change

As the header states, when I change the batteries on my *istD it forgets that it's in RAW mode and drops back to small Jpeg mode. It seems to forget other modes too, like Tiff or Large Jpeg.

Is this normal behavior? If not, how do I get it to remember?

Don't tell me my poor old girl's gotten senile.

05-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

back up battery??

Have you checked the coin battery in the base? Not sure, but you might start there and replace it with fresh one.

mark
05-18-2009, 06:34 PM   #3

Original Poster
That could be an issue I guess, I'll replace it and see how I go.

It does seem to remember everything else ok.

Oddly enough, even with the coin cell out, it can still remember I want it in RAW mode when I take out the batteries, so I've got no idea what was going on.

Last edited by Skyntara; 05-19-2009 at 01:33 AM.
05-19-2009, 01:33 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Skyntara Quote
Well I tried to swap the coin cell but found the CR2032 I have for computer motherboards was too big. I needed a CR2016.

I put the old battery back in and mysteriously enough it seems to be fixed. I can take the batteries out and the camera remembers that I want it in RAW mode.

Odd.
Maybe the contacts for the coin cell are dirty? It's a long shot as I fail to see how they would be subject to any significant dirt, but it would explain the symptoms.