Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2009, 05:52 PM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
I've searched everywhere on Canon's website, and I couldn't find anything about this - could you point to the correct location?
Not from the Canon website.

This is a statement from Pentax [edit: claimed to be a statement from Pentax].

Quote from: PHOTOS: Pentax K-7 DSLR camera
The new 14.6 megapixel resolution offering will, Pentax confirmed sit somewhere above the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 500D and slightly below the Nikon D300 and Canon 50D.

Sorry, I tried to confirm this statement but I couldn't find anything official.

06-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #47
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Duck Dodgers Quote
4 numerical digits, entry-level
3 numerical digits, next tier up
2 numerical digits, the next tier up
1 numerical digit, top of the line

I dunno...makes sense to me.
Kudos for figuring out the formula!

But that still doesn't explain why Pentax started with "7" and where they plan to go with it. Certainly, there will be no K-9 (for obvious reasons)... no one wants their engineering to be labelled as a 'dog'. Unless, they plan to do some obscure prime number thing (someone else thought of that before me).
06-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RMabo Quote
The concept of the K-7 was to make the world's smallest and most compact professional and weather sealed pro-built APS-C.
Careful, careful!

Let's not misuse terminologies, yes the K-7 is nice *BUT* it is not a pro camera!
If anything it is a prosumer or advanced hobbyist camera.

Calling the Pentax K-7 a professional camera presumes that it is in the same league as the Canon EOS-1D Mark III and like cameras; that would be very incorrect.
06-01-2009, 06:31 PM   #49
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seemingly, the K7 is a whole new "concept", isn't it? Why would that actually replace the K20D, which is still in production? As usual, we will see what's in store over the next few months ... we never know.
JP

06-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #50
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
Not from the Canon website.

This is a statement from Pentax [edit: claimed to be a statement from Pentax].

Quote from: PHOTOS: Pentax K-7 DSLR camera
The new 14.6 megapixel resolution offering will, Pentax confirmed sit somewhere above the Nikon D5000 and the Canon 500D and slightly below the Nikon D300 and Canon 50D.

Sorry, I tried to confirm this statement but I couldn't find anything official.
No, no, no. It can't be a Pentax statement, so it must be from Canon
Now, seriously. I see that's only a comment on some site. What does it means? Did Hoya officially (e.g. in a press release/press conference,interview/whatever) stated this? Nope, I'm certain they didn't. It would be like Pentax admitting IS is better than SR
And without this, without more information about who made the statement and the exact statement, one can't say "Pentax confirmed". From what we know, it could be a passing comment regarding pricing, made by a Pentax representative; or it could be just imagination. Or anything else.
Just my 2 cents.
06-03-2009, 04:30 AM   #51
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
And as we can see, the K-7 is the flagship in a new serie.
That is not at all clear from any official sources.

The concept of the K-7 was to make the world's smallest and most compact professional and weather sealed pro-built APS-C.
Um, that's not really a "concept" is it? More a rather convoluted and over-long design goal. A concept would have to be a lot clearer and more obvious than that.