Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM   #1
Forum Member

K10 Jpeg Settings

Has anyone found a decent setting in either the normal or bright mode for jpeg setting in the k10d camera? I actually prefer the default settings but the bright mode is neat. Anyone else fiddle with the + or - for brightness, contrast, etc with favorable results?

04-23-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I prefer to have my contrast, sharpness, and saturation at +1. I can probably move contrast to +2 though. I use natural colors. I use the same settings on my *istDL. I find that I have to do very little post processing with these settings.
04-23-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have experimented with this a lot and have found that the default settings plus 'bright mode' are the best settings for straight out of the cam jpegs.
If you shoot at very low light I would use 'normal mode' and sharpness, contrast etc. 1-2 into minus.
04-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Forum Member

Today was my first day out shooting with the k10d and the fa 43ltd, and i noticed shot JPEG, bright mode, +1 sharpness.

After i downloaded the pictures i noticed a definitely lack of contrast, so i think +1 may be useful. I also noticed that when shooting Av, pictures were a bit bright, so i turned that down. Sharpness was just perfect.

It seems to me that the k10d is conservative in settings in order to preserve details, and it does that very well.