Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Image counter problem with K20D

Just this morning a problem appeared with the image counter on my K20D. Both the top lcd and the VF information are reporting 100 images. I've been using the same San Disk 8gb cards in it since I got the camera 2 months ago. The cards are always formatted in body and prior to this morning read 335 images for a newly formatted card in PEF Raw format. I even tried some older 2gb (non HC) cards and still got 100 images. The strange thing is that when I turn the camera off the top lcd briefly reads the correct count. In addition if I take a shot the VF info also briefly indicates the correct count before going back to 100. It will briefly show 334 and then go back to 100. Take another shot and 333 will momentarily appear. This isn't really interfering with picture taking of course, but sometimes I like to know how many shot's I've taken. Besides I'm enough of a prefectionist to want everything "working as designed". Any thoughts? I'm loath to send the camera back for serviceing for something as inane as a imperfect image counter. That seems a bit anal retentive even for me.

NaCl(it's the silly stuff that makes me crazy)H2O

05-24-2009, 05:51 AM   #2

Sounds like it's been changed to show ISO instead (Custom 31).
05-24-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Quension Quote
Sounds like it's been changed to show ISO instead (Custom 31).
Doh!
Thanks Quension

NaCl(sigh....there's nothing like a little humility on a Sunday morning)H2O