Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 07:56 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Dead Pixel on *istD

I have a number of dead pixels on my newly acquired *istD (my K10D doesn't seem to have any of these). These can be removed by shooting RAW and using a good converter. But I would like the option of using straight out of the camera jpegs from time to time. Does anyone know if the *istD does any form of pixel mapping. Its not a menu item and I found no reference of this in the manual. Perhaps something that it can do in the background (or something we can induce it to do?). Any help on the matter would appreciated.

Thanks and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.

05-24-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

If you have stuck pixels on an istD, you are stuck with them. There is no built in pixel mapping on that camera.
If you really want to use out of camera jpegs, you will have to clone the stuck pixels, or just not worry about them. I've found that it's a rare occassion that a stuck pixel actually shows up in a print.
05-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Guess I will just have to shoot RAW then. The dead pixels are visible even at 5"x7" printout.