Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 08:49 AM   #1

WTH with this pre-production K-7 units?

I'm not a patient guy i confess, but some things i cannot understand. Everything seems to be perfect except for the 1/180 ( i know they can't improve everything at once) but all the features without samples means nothing. I wanna see pictures not specs only. What is with this pre-production firmware? What can be improve at the last minute? I don't believe they still working on this camera.
I wish they could do like they did with the k20d, big nice samples and a dedicated webpage for the new camera. gosh how difficult would be a nice webpage with Ben samples of fashion or some macro guys or nature or landscapes shots, like nikon did with the d3x. The camera is on fairs just to be touch only? C'mon?

i wanna see photographs!!!

05-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Forum Member

You want samples? Go here.

There are many reasons why you are not seeing final firmware photos. While Pentax has undoubtably reached a Firmware 1.0 release candidate, they have to perform QA and regression testing of the code before releasing it into the beta-test community. This is to make sure that they haven't broken something else in the code while tweaking image parameters, etc. This is standard software QC practice.

>What is with this pre-production firmware? What can be improve at the last minute? I don't believe they still working on this camera.<

NASA frequently works on their planetary probe software up until the last minute. In fact, some probes are launched into space toward their objective without anywhere near final code, and the finished code is uploaded to the spacecraft only when it is about to approach its target. Now THAT takes cajones

You'll see release firmware photos in the next few weeks as soon as the update passes internal QC and is propagated out to those who have test cameras.
05-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
just one portrait...

but thank you