Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2007, 10:14 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Good morning shoppers... Price check on isle "F"

"F" as in "Flash"...

Being almost entirely a wildlife/scenery photographer, I've never been too motivated to use anything more than pretty basic flash units.

However, about the time a few weeks ago I was picking out a lens for the new camera, I spent a day playing with a friend's Nikon D200 and his SB-600 flash. Whoa! It doesn't take long to see how useful a remote flash/swivel/tilt flash could be, even when you pick it up and start playing with different flash head positions for the first time. Instant flash envy!

So, had to have something like that, and take advantage of the Pentax rebate before the end of the month as well. The 360FGZ would have probably done it for me - except (unbelievable to me), the head doesn't swivel on the horizontal axis. So it's the 540FGZ, I guess. TriState seems to be the best price at the moment at $323 before rebate.

Anyplace else I should be looking before pulling the trigger on this one?

Oh, and if any of you (like me) missed out on those Sigma 17-70's that Delaware Camera had on sale for $323, they said they should have a bunch more in very soon, hopefully sometime next week, and they should be the same price. That's still on my list...

04-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
I bought my 540 from Tristate--got it about a week ago. I think that's about as good of a deal as there is (another $15-$20 for shipping.)