Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #1

Looks Like I will be getting the K7

Went into my camera bag last night to pull out the k20d and to my surprise the body was sitting by itself, no body cap, no lens attached. Very odd, I always throw a body cap on the camera when done with shooting. Apparently I left Bigma on the body when I left CO last week on my way home to HI. Somewhere along the line the backpack must have take a significant jolt and the weight of the lens, literally tore the metal lens mount off the camera. What knuckle head. What I cant figure out is when it occurred. I didnt check the bag, and the camera was cradled very tightly in the Lowepro bag... I will send it in for repair, but I doubt there is anything that can be done. bummer...

still have the k10d to get me through the interim.

05-24-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That, my friend, brings tears to my eyes. A lesson we all can learn from in how we care for our digital eyes.
05-24-2009, 07:57 PM   #3

Original Poster
How my bag looked when I opened it

[/URL]" target="_blank">

What the body looks like now.. guess I cant take in focus pics

[/URL]" target="_blank">

an "all metal lens mount" doesnt do much good when the screws are screwed into plastic
05-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #4

Original Poster
The last pic the K20d took before I killed it

[/URL]" target="_blank">

05-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member

ouch. Sorry for your loss..
That is one awesome picture too...
05-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #6

Original Poster
my own dam fault.. I just wish I could remember when the bag took the jolt.. oh well.. I havent tried to see if the threads are completely stripped or not.. I cant face it I have 600 aircraft mechanics that work for me.. maybe I can use some super secret high speed epoxy to fix it
05-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrt10x Quote
The last pic the K20d took before I killed it

[/URL]" target="_blank">
Awesome picture. If you could just tweak the Island to be a bit brighter it would be perfect.

05-24-2009, 10:01 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
Mrt10x: Went into my camera bag last night to pull out the k20d and to my surprise the body was sitting by itself, no body cap, no lens attached. Very odd, I always throw a body cap on the camera when done with shooting. Apparently I left Bigma on the body when I left CO last week on my way home to HI. Somewhere along the line the backpack must have take a significant jolt and the weight of the lens, literally tore the metal lens mount off the camera. What knuckle head. What I cant figure out is when it occurred. I didnt check the bag, and the camera was cradled very tightly in the Lowepro bag... I will send it in for repair, but I doubt there is anything that can be done. bummer...
That is a serious shame--very sorry to hear this. Perhaps it is repairable though. Very nice picture.

JT
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
an "all metal lens mount" doesnt do much good when the screws are screwed into plastic
Let's hope the screws are screwed into metal on the K-7!
05-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Went into my camera bag last night to pull out the k20d and to my surprise the body was sitting by itself, no body cap, no lens attached. Very odd, I always throw a body cap on the camera when done with shooting. Apparently I left Bigma on the body when I left CO last week on my way home to HI. Somewhere along the line the backpack must have take a significant jolt and the weight of the lens, literally tore the metal lens mount off the camera. What knuckle head. What I cant figure out is when it occurred. I didnt check the bag, and the camera was cradled very tightly in the Lowepro bag... I will send it in for repair, but I doubt there is anything that can be done. bummer...

still have the k10d to get me through the interim.
This may be a very easy fix; if there was not any electrical damage to the camera.

A matter of reattaching the mount to the body.

Just be more careful in the future!
05-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #11

If it wasn't impact maybe just vibration loosened the screws. It may just be a quick fix.
05-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #12

Original Poster
that is an interesting thought.. i still cant figure out what impact would have caused this... I will give it a shot tomorrow. Finding someone to fix it here in Hawaii will be next to impossible.
05-25-2009, 12:16 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxtic Quote
Awesome picture. If you could just tweak the Island to be a bit brighter it would be perfect.
I thought the island was too bright.
05-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #14

Original Poster
i think there was some sarcasm earlier... funny thing is the island was that bright... sun setting over the Koolau mts,,, one beam on the clouds and one on the island.. it lasted about 20 seconds.
05-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Even if the screws are stripped out, you might get by using a larger size.