Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2009, 07:57 AM   #1

Advice on best way to sell

I'm about to list my K10D body for sale. I sold the kit lens a while ago and now am wondering if it would be better to get another kit lens (already have one available to me) to include with it or just sell the body separately?

Pro/cons?

TIA!/Scottax1

05-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by scottax1 Quote
I'm about to list my K10D body for sale. I sold the kit lens a while ago and now am wondering if it would be better to get another kit lens (already have one available to me) to include with it or just sell the body separately?

Pro/cons?

TIA!/Scottax1
Last year I sold my k100d body without the kit lens for $425 which was the winning bid on Ebay. I used that money to buy a k200d body, End cost for the k200d body ended up being about $175 on Amazon. Now I might do the same thing and sell my k200d body on Ebay and get the K 7 but I know the price difference will be much more...what can I say? I love having the latest and greatest.
05-25-2009, 09:16 AM   #3

Original Poster
Unwarranted fear of eeekbay?

Interesting . . . I've bought at ebay, but never sold there. Of course we've all heard the horror stories but I suspect they represent a small percentage of transactions.

You may have encouraged me to "just do it"!

Cheers!/Scott
05-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Scott,
I always look at a person's feedback before I buy anything on Ebay. If you have Pay Pal, your covered and since Ebay now requires you to have an account with them, the only choice is to do either a "Buy it Now" where you can have immediate payment or "auction style" which you might (with some buyers) to send the payment to you. My k100d body had a starting bid of $9.99 and went up from there. If you start at .99, some will think there's something broken with it. Just take sharp clear pictures (more than one) especially if the body is in great shape (LCD too) I have bought cameras real cheap in the past because very few will bid if the uploaded photos are blurry and/or dark.

Good Luck
Barry

P.S. If you want a cheap prime lens. Try to find a broken K1000 for sell with a 50mm F 2.0 lens. I got one for $15.00, I ended up selling just the lens for $75.00 by itself and used THAT money to buy my FA 50mm f 1.4

05-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oooo...that's kind of a tough question. I guess I would look at completed listings on ebay for both body-only and with kit lens auctions. The II version of the kit lens can be had for around $60 so that might entice a new user (since they don't have to be "confused" by looking for a lens...they can just use it out of the box).

On the other hand, I buy bodies without lenses because I know I can find another lens for cheap

Well I guess I would invest in a kit lens just to sell as a complete package. Find the II version, most likely here in the Marketplace for the best price
05-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
SNIP!
Well I guess I would invest in a kit lens just to sell as a complete package. Find the II version, most likely here in the Marketplace for the best price
Apparently I need to pay more attention . . . what differences are there between the 'I' and 'II' lenses?

Thanks!/Scott
05-25-2009, 10:09 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
Scott,
SNIP!

P.S. If you want a cheap prime lens. Try to find a broken K1000 for sell with a 50mm F 2.0 lens. I got one for $15.00, I ended up selling just the lens for $75.00 by itself and used THAT money to buy my FA 50mm f 1.4
Actually, I do happen to have a MF prime but it didn't occur to me to include that. I figured most potential buyers would want an AF lens. It would certainly offer better optical quality than the zoom. Seems I forgot that those who own Pentax cameras are smarter than those who own other brands.