Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #136
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Does the K-7 work better with non "A" aperture SMC lenses, or is K-7 mount still "crippled"?
No, it's still crippled.
The metering with M lenses is improved, but still not perfect.
I wrote about that here.

06-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #137
Inactive Account

One quick question to John or anyone else in the know:

Front/Back Focusing Correction:

K10D had none (outside the limited one-setting debug menu).

K20D had support for (I believe) 4 different lenses.

K-7 has....?

My apologies if the answer is already somewhere else...I just couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,
-Paul
06-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #138
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Minawee Quote
One quick question to John or anyone else in the know:

Front/Back Focusing Correction:

K10D had none (outside the limited one-setting debug menu).

K-7 has....?

My apologies if the answer is already somewhere else...I just couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,
-Paul
It is the same as in the K20D.
06-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Minawee Quote
Not just 4, but actually 20 lenses.

06-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #140
Veteran Member

Two questions:

First- Not sure if this was asked but will future SDHX support be added for the K-7?

Second- When not using SR there is no way to allow the camera to know what manual lenses is attached to the camera. It should be possible to always be able to dial in what lenses is attached to the camera? Seems like a simple task.

TIA
06-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #141

A few questions:

1. In Live View mode, can a picture be taken totally silently without mirror slap at all, just like a point & shoot?

2. Have you tried the new ultrasonic dust shaking, how does it perform in relation to K10D or K20D?
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #142
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Two questions:

First- Not sure if this was asked but will future SDHX support be added for the K-7?

Second- When not using SR there is no way to allow the camera to know what manual lenses is attached to the camera. It should be possible to always be able to dial in what lenses is attached to the camera? Seems like a simple task.

TIA
1) Not really sure. If physically and functionally possible, I think they probably would.

2) If the lens doesn't automatically relay this information, you can manually input the focal length. This is for Shake Reduction only, and every SR capable camera has had this functionality.

06-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #143
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfier Quote
A few questions:

1. In Live View mode, can a picture be taken totally silently without mirror slap at all, just like a point & shoot?

2. Have you tried the new ultrasonic dust shaking, how does it perform in relation to K10D or K20D?
1) Not totally silent, but very quite. The shutter mechanism activates (but not the mirror), so there is some noise.

2) I can only assume it works better since it has been well reviewed in competitive cameras.
06-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #144
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
John,

In the K20D the firmware was crook when the camera was set to Hyper-programme mode. The auto-ISO would work fine when altering the aperture (ie. it would lower shutter to 1/FL then up the ISO), whereas when altering shutter speed, once the camera hit the max aperture it would not alter the ISO! As a result I never use that mode, though it was a feature that I bought the camera for.

Can yo tell me if this is fixed in the K-7 please?
06-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #145

one question:
when shooting with multiple exposure in K7, can it still use continuous shooting?
up to 5 frame?
I tried my K20d but it doesn't work
06-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
1) Not really sure. If physically and functionally possible, I think they probably would.

2) If the lens doesn't automatically relay this information, you can manually input the focal length. This is for Shake Reduction only, and every SR capable camera has had this functionality.
Thanks for the reply JCpentax.

On number 2 what I was getting at is that when SR is turned off for manual lenses there is no way to input what lens is attached. It would be nice to be able to input the exact lens attached for future exif data reference regardless if SR is on or not. Would also be nice if we could dial the aperture being used on any particular M, K or Tak screwmount lens too.

I see this really going one step further as well. If Pentax allowed the input of exact A, M and K series lenses including Taks this data could be used to expand the lens correction features implemented in the K-7 to all Pentax lenses.

Due love the backward compatibility for certain. One reason I am a Pentax shooter.
06-02-2009, 07:25 PM   #147
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
John,

In the K20D the firmware was crook when the camera was set to Hyper-programme mode. The auto-ISO would work fine when altering the aperture (ie. it would lower shutter to 1/FL then up the ISO), whereas when altering shutter speed, once the camera hit the max aperture it would not alter the ISO! As a result I never use that mode, though it was a feature that I bought the camera for.

Can yo tell me if this is fixed in the K-7 please?
There are actaully three Auto ISO options in the K-7, biased to lower auto ISO setting, normal and higher auto ISO settings. I think that should address this issue.
06-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #148
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
one question:
when shooting with multiple exposure in K7, can it still use continuous shooting?
up to 5 frame?
I tried my K20d but it doesn't work
I think it works the same in the two cameras.
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #149
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
Thanks for the reply JCpentax.

On number 2 what I was getting at is that when SR is turned off for manual lenses there is no way to input what lens is attached. It would be nice to be able to input the exact lens attached for future exif data reference regardless if SR is on or not. Would also be nice if we could dial the aperture being used on any particular M, K or Tak screwmount lens too.

I see this really going one step further as well. If Pentax allowed the input of exact A, M and K series lenses including Taks this data could be used to expand the lens correction features implemented in the K-7 to all Pentax lenses.

Due love the backward compatibility for certain. One reason I am a Pentax shooter.
Ah...now I understand. It might be possible, but not sure how it would be recieved by the engineers.
06-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #150
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is the k-7's 3 year warranty Worldwide or only USA?

and will the new battery and grip be shipping at the same time as the K-7?