Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
in oregon you can go from beach to wet forest, oak valley, mountain forest, alpine environment, high desert, desert in one day...would be great place to come by and show off the cameras versatility.

05-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jmbradd Quote
in oregon you can go from beach to wet forest, oak valley, mountain forest, alpine environment, high desert, desert in one day...would be great place to come by and show off the cameras versatility.
I would take you up on that as long as it wasn't allergy season. I was out that way for an American Birding Association conference (showing off Pentax binos) several years ago, and was tripling up on allergy medicine. Once we got out of the city (to the coast one day, to the mountains the next) it was wonderful.
05-31-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well if you look at the Events and Gatherings forums you will see that there's a pack of us Pentaxians meeting at the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge on Maryland's Eastern Shore the last weekend of June. This would be another swell opportunity to show off the camera to some of your loyal customer base. Not suggesting for any selfish reasons or anything . . .
06-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #19

Weather ended up holding out and being gorgeous this weekend in Asheville, how was it at Grandfather?

06-01-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
Weather ended up holding out and being gorgeous this weekend in Asheville, how was it at Grandfather?
The weather was nice. Temps in the low 70's and scattered clouds.
06-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd love to go back to Grandfather mountain. The only other time I've been there I was finishing the Bridge to Bridge bike ride after 100+ miles. I'd much rather be driving my car up the mountain with my camera.
06-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Well if you look at the Events and Gatherings forums you will see that there's a pack of us Pentaxians meeting at the Blackwater Wildlife Refuge on Maryland's Eastern Shore the last weekend of June. This would be another swell opportunity to show off the camera to some of your loyal customer base. Not suggesting for any selfish reasons or anything . . .
A+ Mel
I missed this since it was over here.
John, in the future if you could also post in the events/gatherings section here.
Yeah, if your having trouble finding the link to the Pentaxian gathering, check my Signature
(If you can attend I will even personally cover your room, and food)

And now back to this thread... Where are all the pics form this event? I wana see
06-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Just finished reading several quick reports from some of the PDML members that were at GFM this weekend, and managed to see the K7 and other items.
Everyone was very appreciative of the chance to have a look and a feel.

As i said earlier, picked a bad time to miss the NPW event.,:-(

Dave Brooks

06-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
The weather was nice. Temps in the low 70's and scattered clouds.
Thanks JC, but I was really looking for more like, here's how the event went, and some pictures of people playing with the new beautiful toy I was so close to and didn't get to play with...
06-02-2009, 08:42 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mister Guy Quote
Thanks JC, but I was really looking for more like, here's how the event went, and some pictures of people playing with the new beautiful toy I was so close to and didn't get to play with...
I had every intention of taking video of people "drooling" on the K-7. However, when there were people around looking at it, I couldn't get them out of their hands.
06-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by JCPentax Quote
As some may know, every year there is a photo weekend at Grandfather Mountain, NC. There is a strong core group of Pentaxians that participate in the PDML discussion group that attend this event.

So, I thought this would be a great time to give these Pentaxians a hands-on look at the K-7. I will be at this event on May 30 with three K-7 bodies for people to try out and drool over. I believe tickets to the actual events are sold out, but if you are in the area, I am sure you could drop by.
Is there a way of signing up for notification of these events?
06-02-2009, 10:35 AM   #27
Inactive Account

Totally jealous here.
Of course, its probably a good thing I couldn't go,
as I'd get caught trying to escape with a mysterious K-7 shaped bulge under my tshirt.