Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2009, 02:34 PM   #1

Loving the Upgrades

My 72 year old father recently decided to go out and buy himself a K20. I loved his reasoning for it, I'm 72 years old, what am I waiting for??. Now he already has the original *iSTD and the K10D. He traded the *iSTD into Adorama when he ordered the K20 and they only gave him $75 for it, which I think was a little cheap. After having the K20 for a few days, which he is loving every minute of, I get an email telling me that since he won't be needing the K10 anymore he's sending it to me, and oh by the way here is the UPS tracking number.

I recived the "new" K10 on Friday and the body is in fabulous condition, but then I knew it would be. There are under 20K activations on it so there is a lot of life left in the camera.

The next time I hear someone complain about getting a hand-me-down I can smile and say that sometimes that's not to bad.

05-30-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MShawn63 Quote
My 72 year old father recently decided to go out and buy himself a K20. I loved his reasoning for it, I'm 72 years old, what am I waiting for??. Now he already has the original *iSTD and the K10D. He traded the *iSTD into Adorama when he ordered the K20 and they only gave him $75 for it, which I think was a little cheap. After having the K20 for a few days, which he is loving every minute of, I get an email telling me that since he won't be needing the K10 anymore he's sending it to me, and oh by the way here is the UPS tracking number.

I recived the "new" K10 on Friday and the body is in fabulous condition, but then I knew it would be. There are under 20K activations on it so there is a lot of life left in the camera.

The next time I hear someone complain about getting a hand-me-down I can smile and say that sometimes that's not to bad.
Great! congratulations!
05-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
He sounds like an awesome dad. Perhaps the K20 has your name on it too, just as soon as the K7 gets out there.
05-30-2009, 08:09 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Congratulations. So are you going to recruit your father to the forum?

05-31-2009, 04:47 AM   #5

Original Poster
My dad and I have been discussing the new K7 but for what we shoot it's not an upgrade either of us are planning in the near future. Until he sent me the K10 I was planning on buying a K20 and still may within a year.

I think my dad does browse the forums, in fact he's the one that told me about this one. He may even have made an account here, but I haven't seen him post.