Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Possibly you should consider a used body from any number of vendors to tide you over until the body you really want is available. You can get very good D and DS bodies for less than $350. Some places even have new ones. That's about a third of the price when they were newly on the market. Less so for the D, which is a great camera.
I do have DS, that is why I am not rushing into new camera

04-26-2007, 03:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Fero,
I also have a DS and I am going to wait & see what the K10D Version 2 offers up. Logic would say it will have to be a superior camera given what Pentax would be learning from the current model.
Besides that, the DS is working perfectly and would be very upset at being prematurely retired....cant have that!!
04-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #18

I have the DS and I think it is a good camera. Easy to use and it does what i want. Sure, 10MP, more AF speed and shake reduction would be nice, but I never had sr in my analog cameras, I can live without it.

I don't have money to "burn", I spent my money for better lenses, thats more important for my pictures than a new body.

Green&White
05-04-2007, 02:39 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Big change in my plans!!!

Hello,

I am back! I just had a big change in my plans.

I sold my DS because I got offer I could not turn down. It was sad to see my lovely DS going away but it is time to move on.

Basically I got £280 for it which is not enough for any new camera here in uk. But using same money with todays US exchange rate means that I could but new k100d for £246 and even some money or buy k10d for £428 (prefered option).

Would you buy k10d now or wait and use film MZ-6 and Pentacon meanwhile?

Any changes or news from Pentax regarding 2 new cameras?

Thanks.

05-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by feronovak Quote
Hello,

I am back! I just had a big change in my plans.

I sold my DS because I got offer I could not turn down. It was sad to see my lovely DS going away but it is time to move on.

Basically I got £280 for it which is not enough for any new camera here in uk. But using same money with todays US exchange rate means that I could but new k100d for £246 and even some money or buy k10d for £428 (prefered option).

Would you buy k10d now or wait and use film MZ-6 and Pentacon meanwhile?

Any changes or news from Pentax regarding 2 new cameras?

Thanks.

It depends upon how much you intend to shoot. and the cost of processing.

Many of us really only do something special with one or two frames per roll of film, but you have to get the entire roll processed.

In canada, processing a roll of 24 is about $6.00 or 25 cents per frame. I had the decision many years ago as to whether I should buy an *istD, at $2100. or continue with my PZ1 and other film bodies. So far, after over 7000 frames of film, I am close to the point where I can say the camera cost nothing, and I have a lot more shots than I would have taken with film, and the digital shots are far superior even with 6MP compared to the 10 MP scans of all my slides and prints.

As the price of digirals contunues to fall, and features get better my *istD is worth really nothing (relitive to it's initial value in 2003) except to me. I still use it for some specific shooting, low light because it works great at ISO3200, and with flash photography with K mount (non automatic apature) lenses. My K10D can't do these things!

I would buy now, regardless of camera, K100 or K10. You will get years of use out of it before there is a real need to upgrade.

Unless a completely new sensor technology arrives that really blows away the existing ones, you don't really give up a lot by not waiting, except the photos you don't take.