Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2009, 03:47 AM   #1
Inactive Account

x sync problem

hi, i have a pentax k100d and a canon flash 430EXII (weird combination, i know) and i sow on the net that it's possible to shoot at speed greater than 1/180 although the sensor won't be fully exposed. here's the lik so you can understand:

Digital ProTalk: Technique Tuesday: My Cheatin' Light - Or How To get Your Flash To Sync At Higher Sync Speeds Than Normal, and Alligators On Location

the problem is that my k100d doesn't fire the flash beyond 1/180 at all. is that something that can be overcome?
thank you

06-04-2009, 06:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by florin Quote
hi, i have a pentax k100d and a canon flash 430EXII (weird combination, i know) and i sow on the net that it's possible to shoot at speed greater than 1/180 although the sensor won't be fully exposed. here's the lik so you can understand:

Digital ProTalk: Technique Tuesday: My Cheatin' Light - Or How To get Your Flash To Sync At Higher Sync Speeds Than Normal, and Alligators On Location

the problem is that my k100d doesn't fire the flash beyond 1/180 at all. is that something that can be overcome?
thank you
It's not possible the way that that blog post describes. Pentax cameras will not trigger the flash above the sync speed.

The way to overcome this is to use a flash trigger to fire the camera and flash at the same time. Trigger in your hand, trigger on the hotshoe with a cable to the remote jack, and a trigger on your flash. When you press the trigger/test button on the trigger in your hand, the camera shoots, and the flash fires at the same time.