Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Personaly I have been impressed with the updates coming so fast and correcting problems plus offering more choice for users to set-up the way they want the camera to function. It is commendable to see such a fast response from a company of any type on a released product.
Kenn

05-04-2007, 04:04 AM   #32
Veteran Member

What else do you expect Pentax can include in the firmware update??

The K10D is actually the *only* Pentax DSLR *now* which they have *some* new stuff to be added to the firmware update. What else do you ask for? :-)

And if you're one of the K100 or *ist Dx users...

QuoteOriginally posted by mutley Quote
Yes it is being released. It does absolutely nothing except for the very few tethering to a laptop with the new Remote Assistant.

FAR more people have been continuously conversing about other things that have been completely ignored in this "major" number change firmware update.

PENTAX DIGITAL CAMERA INFORMATION PAPER

Changes to V1.20

1. Correspond to PENTAX REMOTE Assistant 3

But please buy the replacement for the K10D that will fix everything that wasn't acknowledged - being zoomed out already in the summer/fall.
05-04-2007, 06:06 AM   #33
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RiceHigh Quote
Impossible miracles (like changing hardware or core algorithms) or full implementation of personal pet peeves wish list.

The K10D is actually the *only* Pentax DSLR *now* which they have *some* new stuff to be added to the firmware update. What else do you ask for? :-)
Actually I'm quite impressed with the pace, scope and quality of K10D firmware updates, at least compared to Canon from which I recently migrated. V1.10, for example, added quite significant usability (direct ISO manipulation, etc.) and functional (wireless flash) features while fixing whatever Pentax engineers felt they can reliably fix at the time (long exposure banding). V1.20 and Remote Assistant support is also a substantial feature for some uses. Also note that with Nikon, for example, one has to pay for analog to RA.
05-05-2007, 06:59 AM   #34
Veteran Member

And if you're one of the K100 or *ist Dx users...
You really seem to make it a point to bash Pentax any which way you can.

Since you're not happy with Pentax, it's best for you to move to a bigger camera company, where hostile takeovers will never happen, and where camera models are churned out every so often.

Really, your expectations for a camera company clashes with how Pentax operates. So why not take your act elsewhere and maybe then you'd be singing praises for Canon and/or Nikon?

It'll be a win-win for all of us.

05-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
You really seem to make it a point to bash Pentax any which way you can.

Since you're not happy with Pentax, it's best for you to move to a bigger camera company, where hostile takeovers will never happen, and where camera models are churned out every so often.

Really, your expectations for a camera company clashes with how Pentax operates. So why not take your act elsewhere and maybe then you'd be singing praises for Canon and/or Nikon?

It'll be a win-win for all of us.
I talk about *facts* and that I said Pentax had done updates for the K10D but not for other models recently. What do you want to argue for?
05-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #36
Forum Member

I talk about *facts* and that I said Pentax had done updates for the K10D but not for other models recently. What do you want to argue for?
Rice please don't pretend you don't know why you consistently and reliably cause reactions like this on every Pentax forum you lend yourself to (until being banned).

And it's not like you an objective and honest observer (almost Galileo type ) being hounded by brutal fanboys everywhere he goes. People get an impression that you mostly chime in into the threads only when there's a slightest possibility to say something negative about Pentax and almost never about something positive or even neutral. On top of that they don't see you much contributing to threads related to the meat of why we have cameras - general photography, techniques and such. How this may look you tell me.
05-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #37

So now there's an update for the K10D. Many people had specific wishes, some rational and some just silly. But there are users who shoot tethered, and if you aren't one of those, perhaps you could refrain from commenting at all.

You seem to be one of those people who loves to gripe about how the world is not living up to your expectations. Well, get used to it. The world is what it is and you deal with what you have.

Just because you don't shoot in a studio and use cameras tethered, doesn't mean that Pentax shouldn't accommodate those who do.

Go shoot some photos and post them. Make yourself useful for once.
05-05-2007, 08:24 AM   #38

It's ironic that RiceHigh has the "K100D Proud Owner" banner in his signature isn't it?

05-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Richard3550 Quote
It's ironic that RiceHigh has the "K100D Proud Owner" banner in his signature isn't it?
The K100D is the only Pentax DSLR that I have felt proud of owing that, but it doesn't mean it is perfect nor I don't want to see useful firmware update(s) for it, however, it hasn't happened.