Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2007, 02:17 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[QUOTE=tomchrz;54988]
QuoteOriginally posted by baldeagle21b Quote
I could not get my K10D to connect to Remote Assistant 3 on 2 different pcs running Vista. I got it to work by right clicking on the program icon and selecting
"Run as Administrator". You can also right click and choose "Properties" and on the compatibility tab, check the "run as administrator" box, that way it should work each time you start the program.
Yes - that works! Many thanks for the suggestion.

07-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Another strange bug... I took one shot in raw then switch to JPEG and it took that picture fine. Rotated the camera a bit used the computer to re-focus and snapped another shot in JPEG and it stopped doing anything again, just keeps moving the bar across over and over but no image and no saved file.
I experienced this problem too at a night shoot a few weeks ago. When trying to shoot long exposures lit only by the fullmoon, I was only able to successfully capture two images the whole night (Click here to view the better of the two). I spent the rest of the night wrestling with stubborn software.

-- Jerry --
07-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
As I said in an earlier post, since my last fiasco about a year ago with the hair sylist tripping over the cord and launching the Canon DS Mkll in to the air and my assitant diving to his right about ten feet to catch it before hitting the concrete floor, I'll stop tethering for now..

Thanks
Does France have a cricket team??.....your assistant should apply for a slips catching position.
07-06-2008, 01:56 AM   #19
Veteran Member

In a way it isn't related, but I was wondering if anyone had tried one of those Eye-FI wireless setups?
And what they though of it?

Last edited by little laker; 07-06-2008 at 02:03 AM.
07-06-2008, 09:06 AM   #20
Pentaxian

The Eye-Fi is SLOOOOOOOOOW. Fine with a point-n-shoot where you're saving maybe one or two megabyte files at a time, but with a DSLR, it's painful. Probably the slowest SD card I have ever used.

The Wi-Fi aspect of it is pretty neat and works well, though. My wife has it in her P&S.
07-06-2008, 12:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Thanks Quicksand,

I wrote to them last night, and I must say they offer terrific customer service

I asked them a simple question. (Does it work with RAW) and they've already answered. Today is Sunday making it really impressive.

Nope, It doesn't. JPG only, so I'm out because of that anyways
09-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #22
Inactive Account

k200?

I have a k200d, and it seems pentax doesnt have the new version of the remote assistant for this camera. any thoughts?
thanks