Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Current List of Remote assistant 3 bugs

Ugh... I don't like to complain but was wondering if anyone was experiencing these problems with their version of Remote Assistant 3 and firmware 1.20.

1. When using the computer to manually set white balance the next picture you take will not load (first use computer to change white balance to manual in drop down menu, then go to camera>set manual white balance and follow the steps to set it now go shoot a picture).

2. Change AF point using laptop then unplug camera from laptop and AF jumps to random AF point.

3. Software slows down ridiculously when switching between shooting modes after taking a picture.

4. If you start shooting pictures with remote assistant and also have pentax photo browser running some images end up getting all scrambled.

If anyone else has success with their software let me know because this is sorta irritating. I'm going ahead and removing assistant and reinstalling it as we speak to see if it just loaded wrong.

Pentax USA couldn't help on the phone because they didn't even know about firmware 1.20 and remote assistant 3, but the tech guy did tether his K10D and took a shot to test my problem with firmware 1.11 and some other remote software application? strange?

04-26-2007, 07:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Fixed issue #1 by setting camera to User mode, seems to work much better in that mode than others.

Another strange thing is the AF, if you hit the AF button it will try a quick focus and thats it, but it a more difficult situation you have to keep hitting that button over and over again until either focus lock is made or you give up and walk over to the camera and hit the shutter half-way and do it yourself. They need a a way to hold the AF in remote assistant and will keep focusing like holding the shutter half-way.
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Another strange bug... I took one shot in raw then switch to JPEG and it took that picture fine. Rotated the camera a bit used the computer to re-focus and snapped another shot in JPEG and it stopped doing anything again, just keeps moving the bar across over and over but no image and no saved file.
04-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This software is too random, now te manual white balance doesn't work in any mode. I would love to hear some feedback form other users to see if this is just my problem or wide spread.

04-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
big sig?

codiac, looking at this page, all I can see is your HUGE sig photo. I think huge sigs are actually against the forum rules, but rules or no, a big sig is pretty annoying....

WP

Addendum added later: My apologies to Chris for griping to him about this matter here in the thread instead of in a private message. Anyone who's been here for a while knows that I'm not generally a flame-thrower. Not sure what happened here except that I was in a hurry, got exasperated and didn't think. I return you now to your regularly scheduled thread.

Last edited by WMBP; 04-26-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added apology
04-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry only going by what the rules said was the max size, I'll shrink it when I get a chance.
04-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Sorry only going by what the rules said was the max size, I'll shrink it when I get a chance.
I'm curious about the handling of your SIG file. I note elsewhere where you mentioned making your's smaller. Thank You. Was that retroactive? It appears the one Will did not like is the new smaller file but perhaps it was bigger when he wrote the letter.

I did not notice at the time but when I changed mine to indicate two DSLRs would the forum change letters written when I had only one?

Last edited by LeoTaylor; 04-26-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
04-26-2007, 05:59 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeoTaylor Quote
I'm curious about the handling of your SIG file. I note elsewhere where you mentioned making your's smaller. Thank You. Was that retroactive? It appears the one Will did not like is the new smaller file but perhaps it was bigger when he wrote the letter.

I did not notice at the time but when I changed mine to indicate two DSLRs would the forum change letters written when I had only one?
When you change your sig it's global and happens in every thread you've ever posted in.
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems to work fine for me. Assistant, that is.
05-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

[QUOTE=codiac2600;51586]Ugh... I don't like to complain but was wondering if anyone was experiencing these problems with their version of Remote Assistant 3 and firmware 1.20.

RA 3.0 finds the K10D on my Dell Inspiron 2500 running Win XP and runs fine but on my Toshiba Satellite with Win Vista it doesn't recognize the camera, even though the photo browser can see the images stored on the SD card.
05-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Me Too...My Assistant Works Perfectly

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
It seems to work fine for me. Assistant, that is.

My Assistant works perfectly. After filling up the SD Card, I pass him the camera he takes it out and loads it in to computer while the studio assistant passes me another body or loads the card in to the camera for me to continue shooting...I don't see the problem...

OK OK OK...Bad joke, in poor taste and totally irrelevant, useless, arrogant and bombastic..

But I just couldn't help it!
05-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #12

Hi Benj,

Are you using RA at all?

Pete
05-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't get mine to work, the icon is greyed out I've tried uninstalling and no change. It's probably something I didn't do right anyway........and so it goes
05-05-2007, 01:32 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Nah

QuoteOriginally posted by peted Quote
Hi Benj,

Are you using RA at all?

Pete
As I said in an earlier post, since my last fiasco about a year ago with the hair sylist tripping over the cord and launching the Canon DS Mkll in to the air and my assitant diving to his right about ten feet to catch it before hitting the concrete floor, I'll stop tethering for now..

Thanks
05-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #15

[QUOTE=baldeagle21b;54372]
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Ugh... I don't like to complain but was wondering if anyone was experiencing these problems with their version of Remote Assistant 3 and firmware 1.20.

RA 3.0 finds the K10D on my Dell Inspiron 2500 running Win XP and runs fine but on my Toshiba Satellite with Win Vista it doesn't recognize the camera, even though the photo browser can see the images stored on the SD card.
I could not get my K10D to connect to Remote Assistant 3 on 2 different pcs running Vista. I got it to work by right clicking on the program icon and selecting
"Run as Administrator". You can also right click and choose "Properties" and on the compatibility tab, check the "run as administrator" box, that way it should work each time you start the program.