Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ISO comparison chart between main cameras!

i've compiled this picture,

the source is Camera Labs: Digital Camera, Digital SLR and Lens Reviews, Workshops, News

since i noticed that D300 and K20D was compared on same composition for ISO performance, i've compiled these thumbnails into one picture..

i took pictures from ISO 400 and on.

as I see even though the composition should have been identical, pictures aren't maybe that's because of different resolutions of cameras.
also i've noticed that contrast is quite different among these cameras..

cameralabs states that NR on all cameras were on default, and other settings also on default..

to me Pentax K20D seems even better than the old full frame canon 5D..

what do you guys think of such a comparison? is it fair? why the first set of cameras delivers so much different pictures contrast wise? maybe atmospheric changes? different time of the year?

here it is:

Last edited by Mystic; 06-07-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, cameras, comparison, composition, contrast, dslr, iso, k20d, photography, pictures