Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Another Firmware/file update scheduled

Due to some phone calls and emails to Pentax about bugs in the current Firmware and Remote assistant program Pentax is looking into another update coming up to fix them all. Basically I was told that it's like a leaking damn and they are trying to plug the holes in as fast as they can while they find more and more of them. The rep stated he received a couple of emails already today about the same issues I've had and that he personally saw from other forums about the bugs as well and that all issues are being emailed to Pentax asap. Well, all I have to say is thats customer service!

Oh, and I have a smaller sig banner now thanks to the suggestion of another forum member. I guess this 36" wide panel monitor makes it look small to me LMAO.... j/k.

04-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Due to some phone calls and emails to Pentax about bugs in the current Firmware and Remote assistant program Pentax is looking into another update coming up to fix them all. Basically I was told that it's like a leaking damn and they are trying to plug the holes in as fast as they can while they find more and more of them....

Chris,

Did they give you any idea about a time-frame? I think we were already expecting an update sometime soon to support the new lenses.

I've downloaded today's update but I don't have any active problems with the K10D (well, none that I'm blaming on the camera at the moment). I'm wondering now whether I should bother installing it....

Will
04-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The only problems arise with remote assistant and not the actual camera so feel free to upgrade safely. Time frame was not given, but the rep mentioned that they already had another update pending before the release of the sdm lenses due out at the end of july.