Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
No. of Shots vs ISO Display

I'm familiar with how to change the option of the LCD display in the K110D and K200D cameras between showing ISO setting or no. of shots remaining. There are certainly arguments for each. What I don't recall seeing (or maybe I missed it) is that you can have it both ways.

I am not a high volume shooter, so with a 4GB card even my K200D can hold plenty of shots, so ISO setting is more important than shot count to me. However, once in a while I do like to have a quick status check on where I stand in terms of card capacity. It turns out that with the camera option set to normally display ISO sensitivity, every time you switch the camera off the LCD briefly displays the number of shots remaining. This works on both my K100D and K200D.

Steve

06-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Pressing the OK button does the same thing, and its easier to remember.
06-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
True, but what if you have the OK button set to do something else, like center the autofocus position?
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #4
klh
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WheresWaldo Quote
Pressing the OK button does the same thing, and its easier to remember.
Interesting. I have the K20D, and I don't believe that works. I wish there was an easy button to press to check memory space remaining (without turning it off and back on). Anybody know of one?

06-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
DAZ
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by klh Quote
Interesting. I have the K20D, and I don't believe that works. I wish there was an easy button to press to check memory space remaining (without turning it off and back on). Anybody know of one?
If you change to either Sv or TAv mode and push the OK button (assuming you have the K20D set to display ISO) the ISO display will show estimated shots remaining.

DAZ
06-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
klh
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote
If you change to either Sv or TAv mode and push the OK button (assuming you have the K20D set to display ISO) the ISO display will show estimated shots remaining.

DAZ
Thanks DAZ. I am usually in Av or Tv, so I hadn't noticed.
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I turn my k20d of to see how many shots I got left, It shows in the top LCD for a quick second before it turns of.
06-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DAZ Quote

DAZ
Yeah, forgot that this trick doesn't work in all modes, as I am not usually in Green or P modes much.

06-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Thanks for pointing out that the # shots remaining flashes when you turn the camera off. Seems I had heard before but didn't think of it as a viable workaround for whatever reason. But it occurs to me I've got an 8GB card in my camera and have probably filled it only once in the years I've had it - number of shots remaining just isn't that important to see all the time. And I turn my camera off to change lenses all the time. I can't myself ever really running into difficulty with this, so I've finally switched over to displaying ISO.
09-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by klh Quote
Thanks DAZ. I am usually in Av or Tv, so I hadn't noticed.
I'm in Av most of the time and have changed top LCD for iso (K20, 1.03). There is something strange, bug or avoid conflict role in Custom Setting No. 23 (defining Av scrolls): only in Av-iso and iso-Av modes pressing OK (on default, not redefined) shows remaining frames, the others shows nothing but iso.
09-29-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
On my K20 I have the LCD set to show the ISO (don't know why since I had it set to 100!) and I noticed that every time you take a shot it briefly displays the remaining card image count, (on the top LCD instead of the ISO setting), so the best of both worlds. Don't know if it works in reverse, if I could find where to change the damn thing I would give it a try!
Found it and no it doesnt work in reverse.

Last edited by ozlizard; 09-29-2009 at 12:50 AM.