Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #61

Hi ozlizard. I wrote "My k20 body is now one to two days away". Well the camera arrived late on Friday. I had an interesting time following its progress with AmEx. Arrived 40 min before estimated time!
I had a really great time over the weekend setting the camera up the way I prefer it.
HAS YOUR K20 ARRIVED YET?
Ron McDermott
Not so sunny Queensland ... again.

07-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yes Ron, mine arrived yesterday, way ahead of schedule. Have been going over the camera and it seems pretty easy to get to grips with although I think there is lot more there than meets the eye. Was going to go out today to test it out but DWI have sent me the wrong power cord with the charger and the battery has just died. Would be interested in hearing what your setting preferences are and what you impressions are of the IQ etc.
07-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Yes Ron, mine arrived yesterday, way ahead of schedule. Have been going over the camera and it seems pretty easy to get to grips with although I think there is lot more there than meets the eye. Was going to go out today to test it out but DWI have sent me the wrong power cord with the charger and the battery has just died. Would be interested in hearing what your setting preferences are and what you impressions are of the IQ etc.
There is indeed more than meets the eye. Most of my settings are fairly generic but here are a few that I find important based on K10 experience. File format RAW, Raw file format DNG (I have 16 GB cards so no prob)instant review 5 sec, Live view - Show histogram (the most powerful tool on the camera)
, Digital Preview with both Histogram and Bright/Dark checked,In setup I have raised Auto power off to 5 min, and set a personal file name (cute feature), In custom setting Program line to Oprion 4One-pust bracketing to 2 (must make it easier to do a burst with exposure bracketing) AF in remote control 2 (in remote is wired and I can press half for focus before release), e-dial in TV 2, e-dial in AV 2, GReen button in TAv & M 2 (this one is important) if you do HDR (High Dynamic Range), Preview method 3 (important), Display sensitivity 2. I have not played around with focus adjustment but I feel that this one is a winner.
RE: IQ - I have had only an hour or sunny weather since it arrived but I believe that despite what the knockers have been saying the exposure has been accurate and as far as it is safe to the right.
I took a few shots in a gloomy location at 1600 ISO, LR2 with about 70% noise reduction and 50% sharpening was very acceptable. I will go higher when I find a dark enough target.
Check your messages on the forum.
Ron McDermott
Still Queensland but not sunny