Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Another Way to Charge Batteries? K20D

Hey All,

Im back in the states on leave, and im a dumbass and left my charger in korea. Is there another way to charge my batteries. I see there is a DC input on the camera, next to video. Manual says only use the charger? is there any other way to charge the batteries. I have checked wolf camera, bestbuy, frys, walmart. I am currently in the Dallas Ft Worth Area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

06-13-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 68wSteve Quote
Hey All,

Im back in the states on leave, and im a dumbass and left my charger in korea. Is there another way to charge my batteries. I see there is a DC input on the camera, next to video. Manual says only use the charger? is there any other way to charge the batteries. I have checked wolf camera, bestbuy, frys, walmart. I am currently in the Dallas Ft Worth Area.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve
Sorry, Steve, you will need to beg, borrow, steal or buy a charger. The DC input is for operating the camera with the AC adaptor.
06-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
Veteran Member

If you can find a friendly camera shop, you can show up and ask to throw your battery on their charger for a bit. Maybe buy a magazine or something....

I've done it at my camera shop when my dog chewed my charger cord....right before I had to shoot a wedding...
06-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
The battery of the K20 is a common one, also used in the old Minolta A1 and A2 cameras for instance. There should be lots of chargers around, but fuinding one to borrow is of course another matter. I guess another solution would be to bolt some batteries together, a cable and a connector that fits the external DC connector. You will need to carry that battery pack in your pocket with a cable to the camera, unless you tape them to the bottom of the camera. Peoepl wi8ll prbably think you are testing a new cool prototype camera :-)

06-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by quarc Quote
The battery of the K20 is a common one, also used in the old Minolta A1 and A2 cameras for instance. There should be lots of chargers around, but fuinding one to borrow is of course another matter. I guess another solution would be to bolt some batteries together, a cable and a connector that fits the external DC connector. You will need to carry that battery pack in your pocket with a cable to the camera, unless you tape them to the bottom of the camera. Peoepl wi8ll prbably think you are testing a new cool prototype camera :-)
~
Or a bomb
06-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
eh ordered the 2 batteries with charger from amazon and got 1-3 day shipping. thankfully i have 2 batteries already so should last the next day or so.
06-14-2009, 05:24 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You need to find power supply with about 8-9V output and 700mA connect it to the contacts (+/-) of battery and charge about 2h. If you have multimeter you can very precise determine time of charging sudden drop of current will tell you when you need to break charging.