Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #1

Mirror Foam

For K200 Where can I get the Foam the Mirror hits when it is raised up a piece came off in center and I took the rest off so no more fell inside. Still under warranty but I don't know if that is covered. Shipping is going to be more than the foam.

06-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #2

I got some foam for my old cameras from Jon Goodman:

Favorite Classics / Jon Goodman's Seal Replacement Instructions
06-14-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bad foam on a K200D? That is disturbing. I would send it in on warranty. While the foam itself may be cheap, pieces have been flung into the innards of your camera. It is best to let the service guys make all things better.

Steve
06-14-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If the foam broke apart, and if pieces did get into the camera, send it in for service.

I killed my MEsuper because I did not replace the mirror foam. A few small pieces broke off, and got into the shutter. Because of the age of the foam, it had degraded into a sticky goo. So the small pieces of this goo, glued the shutter in place. This is foam that is close to 20 years old though.

I agree with stevbrot, send your camera in to get cleaned and repaired.

06-15-2009, 04:05 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank You for all the info I will send it in for service.
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I recently sent my k20d in for service.. let me say the Pentax USA service program is simply outstanding. I wasnt sure if it would be covered under warranty..but they fixed the metering issue, the focus issues and re-set the 1 year warranty to start again. They got the camera on a tuesday and had it shipped back to me, in Hawaii by Friday.. free of charge... simply great... send it in.

I cant believe the difference the focus adjustment has made.. while it doesnt speak well of the QC of Pentax out of the factory,, at least now that is right, I can finally be happy with the K20d.
07-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #7

Original Poster
Well I sent it in to Pentax service center Westminster, CO.
Gone for two weeks I get it back piece of new foam missing just a nick and they said they cleaned camera. Spots on pic.Aperture 22 and 16 50mm lens pointed at sky.I don't see any dust on sensor.Mirror up mag. glass used to look at it so now I have to send it back. I'm going to call them I should not have to pay for shipping again.Thanks for letting me vent.

Last edited by gherrm; 07-08-2009 at 05:12 PM.