Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

K2000 Bulb Setting

I am interested in shooting some really long night time exposures. Can anyone advise me on how to set the shutter open for as long as 40 minutes without needing to have my finger on the shutter?

Supposedly I can use the remote, but that also involves holding the button down on the remote the entire time AND requires the remote to be aimed at the camera the entire time.

Ideally, I would like to open the shutter and walk away from the camera/tripod.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by j2l3; 06-14-2009 at 02:55 PM.
06-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
:)

well, i would also be interested to know if such a method exists.. without dissasembling the camera..

so, all you Pentax masters out there please help
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Simple answer?

With your IR remote you could try to make one yourself, my approach would be a large paper clip/bulldog clip that does does not have too much force, and use a piece of self adhesive foam 3-5mm thick on the clip positioned to sit on the button.

Alternatively I read recently someone had bought for several dollars a third-party IR remote either here in in the "other" forum", that would open the shutter, and then by clicking the remote, close the shutter.