Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #181
Pentaxian

Thanks for the answers regarding the metering zones.

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I've seen more than 1 stop difference in metering between LV and prism.
Perhaps the LV metering is less conservative because it has a better picture of when highlights may get blown.

07-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #182
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Falcon, sorry to bring this up, but a stupid question. What about the shutter sound? Is the K-7 any quieter than the K10 / K20?
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #183
Forum Member

Hi KC. I'm not Falconeye, but after playing with my K-7 for 3 days now, I can fully assure you that the shutter on the K-7 is the quietest I've ever experienced. There is no "click" and no "clack". Best way I can describe it is akin to a soft "swish"; a bit reminsicent of the sound of a small point n' shoot (with no feaux electronic shtter sound employed). I keep wondering how they did that given the mirror mechanics. Internal dampening and a full metal enclosure helps, but there must be something else involved here that Pentax can be proud of in terms of the audible aesthetic. No more distracting clicks in weddings or other sound sensitive circumstances.

Cheers,
Shutterbob
07-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #184
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shutterbob Quote
Hi KC. I'm not Falconeye, but after playing with my K-7 for 3 days now, I can fully assure you that the shutter on the K-7 is the quietest I've ever experienced. There is no "click" and no "clack". Best way I can describe it is akin to a soft "swish"; a bit reminsicent of the sound of a small point n' shoot (with no feaux electronic shtter sound employed). I keep wondering how they did that given the mirror mechanics. Internal dampening and a full metal enclosure helps, but there must be something else involved here that Pentax can be proud of in terms of the audible aesthetic. No more distracting clicks in weddings or other sound sensitive circumstances.

Cheers,
Shutterbob
Thank you very much for the info shutterbob... I was having issues with being in a church and then being VERY noticed when my K10D was firing away. It always left me something to be desired out of the next Pentax. Thanks once again for the info!

07-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shutterbob Quote
I can fully assure you that the shutter on the K-7 is the quietest I've ever experienced.
+1

The new quiet shutter sound is indeed creating addiction.

And engaging LV makes the camera even quieter (1/2 mirror slap only at beginning and end of LV, not for individual exposures anymore).
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #186
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The new quiet shutter sound is indeed creating addiction.
So how is your cold turkey after the K-7 is gone?
How urgently will you be looking to replace your K20D, or do you have no intentions to do so?
Closed Thread