Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2009, 05:20 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by yipchunyu Quote
actually, IMO, the photos (directly from dslr) are quite close to the final one. (just change the curve a little bit)
eg.
http://us.f6.yahoofs.com/hkblog/pKVvAg2EERO8aMBPIpXstHQ-_1/blog/200811040942..._____D0znHhu56

fotologue : gallery : KAGA0401
Maybe that one photo, but for the majority in that web gallery there is no way they are coming out of camera like that. I can see whole lot of heavy PP in there, layers blending modes, selective dodging/burning, selective blurring/sharpening and probably many more other PP procedures which necesitate precise control obtainable only through software interface.

06-30-2009, 07:40 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gamgee Quote
Maybe that one photo, but for the majority in that web gallery there is no way they are coming out of camera like that. I can see whole lot of heavy PP in there, layers blending modes, selective dodging/burning, selective blurring/sharpening and probably many more other PP procedures which necesitate precise control obtainable only through software interface.
Actually, I contacted the author and he send me some original photos. I can say that most of them are very very close to the final output. So amazing.
I will go outside to take photos with him in the near future. May be I can learn some techniques from him (besides the curve settings).