Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
Maybe Nikon has upgraded their view on D700 ?
Note how they emphasize D3x's high resolution, while they emphasize D700's high ISO performance. You obviously pay for resolution and cropability--in terms of ISO performance.

This is slightly off-topic, but I find it pretty funny how Canon's lowest-end DSLR is marketed as a "rebel" in North America and as a "kiss" in Japan.

Last edited by asdf; 06-22-2009 at 11:06 AM.
06-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #62

QuoteOriginally posted by RawheaD Quote
Foolish question. They're each good for different things. Me? I'd get both. I'm actually on track to, since I have a 5D, and am waiting for my preordered K-7. Seriously, it's like asking "Which is better, a Lexus Sedan or a Ford 150?"; if you need vehicles to do two very different things, you need two very different vehicles.
I'd say its more like Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry...not quite that different...
06-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nufenstein Quote
I'd say its more like Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry...not quite that different...
No. It's been deductively proven on this forum that Pentax is Subaru.
06-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A Camry and Accord appear to be the same, at least in category.

Anyone who has driven a Camry (that is...those who actually "drive" a car, not just "use" it) would never buy one.

Same purpose, yes...same car, no.

06-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Well you've somehow got a deep desire to tell everyone you've got 3 camera systems not just in this thread but elsewhere on Pentaxforums.com.
Seems like when I first mentioned actual issues with the Canon 5D and Nikon D700, and it is not even directed at you, yet suddenly you need to justify your purchases and slag others.

Nobody needs to be accountable to you so why do you need to repeat this question? "So Creampuff, what Canon gear do you own ?" Frankly it is none of your business.
Please grow up... you got plenty of gear but to date I don't recall you even posting a decent photograph taken with the gear that you own on either the User Photo Gallery or Post Your Photos! section... not a single one. That's a telling statistic.

QuoteOriginally posted by Samsungian Quote
I'm satisfied with my canon gear. .....
In fact I know of no one locally who still shoots with Pentax, well except for my wife.
What you've written just proves that you're just a Canon/Nikon lurker.
You're not even a Pentax user... your wife is... so why are you still hanging around this forum? Getting no love from Canon or Nikon photo forums???
06-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #66

I see a dance off in the near future..
06-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #67
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Well you've somehow got a deep desire to tell everyone you've got 3 camera systems not just in this thread but elsewhere on Pentaxforums.com.
Seems like when I first mentioned actual issues with the Canon 5D and Nikon D700, and it is not even directed at you, yet suddenly you need to justify your purchases and slag others.

Nobody needs to be accountable to you so why do you need to repeat this question? "So Creampuff, what Canon gear do you own ?" Frankly it is none of your business.
Please grow up... you got plenty of gear but to date I don't recall you even posting a decent photograph taken with the gear that you own on either the User Photo Gallery or Post Your Photos! section... not a single one. That's a telling statistic.

What you've written just proves that you're just a Canon/Nikon lurker.
You're not even a Pentax user... your wife is... so why are you still hanging around this forum? Getting no love from Canon or Nikon photo forums???
sad to say creampuff but, there are some here who are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are always lurking and waiting to pounce at every opportunity.

cheers,

Rene

06-22-2009, 05:43 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mrt10x Quote
I see a dance off in the near future..
Does that mean someone will get served?!?

oh, snap!
06-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #69
Veteran Member

ok guys, I'll just get in the middle of this and try to pacify you guys.

being an ex-nikon shooter and my love for the 5D, creampuff just mentioned the specific concerns and potential problems that the 5D and D700 have. those are evident problems, not rumors meant to destroy the credibility of the 5D and D700. fair assessment, so to speak.

now, if Samsungian says that his copies are good, well good for you that you didn't have to suffer those kinds of problems that the others have. the mere fact that you didn't experience those problems, doesn't mean those problems dont exist.

You love CaNikons, regardless whether your camera has no glass on it or doesnt have a functioning mirror. we don't have a problem about that.

but trying to belittle a Pentax product in it's own forum, just to promote your bias towards your gear is like inviting trouble. honestly speaking, you are out of place. and I'm ashamed to see one Canon user way over his head. sad.
06-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #70
Inactive Account

The mirror issue on the 5D could be compared to the K20D's that took corrupted JPEGs or locked-up.

Warranty issues aside, I think the thread serves to discuss the pro's and con's of a 5D(5D.mk2?) vs. a K7 when both are fully functional. Maybe we should get back to that? I'd personally like to hear from those who have a D700 or 5d/5dmk2 AND a Pentax and why they might prefer one over the other and in which situations.

- slrl0ver
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by slrl0ver Quote
The mirror issue on the 5D could be compared to the K20D's that took corrupted JPEGs or locked-up.

Warranty issues aside, I think the thread serves to discuss the pro's and con's of a 5D(5D.mk2?) vs. a K7 when both are fully functional. Maybe we should get back to that? I'd personally like to hear from those who have a D700 or 5d/5dmk2 AND a Pentax and why they might prefer one over the other and in which situations.

- slrl0ver
good post.. i agree.. and for those who say the comparison is garbage, i disagree. A legitimate discussion can be had for two very different cameras.. stupid car analogies aside,,,
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM   #72
Veteran Member

Some of the posters in this thread need to learn about trolls.

Specifically, not to feed them.
06-23-2009, 05:18 AM   #73
Veteran Member

What I would really like to know is "why" a photographer needs 3 different brand of Dslr
to accomplish his hobby/living - why not 4,5 - heck why not one from every brand?

Is the decision, say a 5D with 24-70L for landscape, D700 with say 70-200 2.8 for sports and the K20D with a pancake or two for travel??

Surely the best all rounder is the D700 and just about any subject or job could be accomplished - so if I owned this camera - why on earth would I really need a camera from another brand??

Dyl
06-23-2009, 05:47 AM   #74
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Because you prefer different cameras for different tasks and you can afford all three with lenses? Or it could be that the lenses you prefer are not all from the same brand.

And if I had a D700, I feel that I'd miss the potential for higher resolution offered by the K20D (not to mention the 5D mkii).
06-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #75
Veteran Member

Will samsungian be the new RH, thats the real question

-All hail canikon, our gods