Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Dust Magnet

My K200D is a Dust Magnet.

I keep it in a case, hardly if ever take the DA 55 - 300 off the camera yet every morning we seem to be going through the same little ritual.

The sensor is covered in dust. Do the cleaning, blow off the sensor, run the dust removal, and the dust alert shows the sensor clean.

Next morning - covered in dust again. Like the thing is statically charged to collect dust or something.

So what am I doing wrong or what should I be doing differently? How do you keep dust off your sensor?

Thanks for any tips or advice you might have.

Al

06-21-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

It could be as simple as the enviroment you live in.

I had the same problem, forever cleaning my sensor until it dawned on me that the wood heater [combustion] in the house was the culprit, leaving smoke dust/particles on the sensor.

A pain in the a*se to clean, but now, I just go outside whenever changing lenses, problem solved.

Can't remember, when I last cleaned the sensor.

Just a thought, Wal'
06-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hmmm. I'm not a big fan of blowers. I use the Pentax cleaning kit, to effectively remove the dust from the sensor enclosure.
Plus, the sensor is indeed statically charging during it's use.
06-21-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Please make sure to remove the batteries while you are not using the K200D. The charge is still circulating through the camera even when its not turn ON. I am not sure it reaches the sensor though..but just in case.