Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #1

K-7: Exposure accuracy and high ISO?

I've been following the threads from the pre production testers. Judging from what we have seen so far, we can't expect much improvement in the high ISO dep. Maybe none.

The performance at high ISO, read 1600 or higher, is important for me. Mainly because I shoot fast moving birds in the woods, and does some concert photography. The latter is sometimes paid work. But this does not make me a pro, it just makes it important for me. My experience is that I can get usable shots at 3200, when exposure is dead on. More than 1/2 step underexposure means a lost shot. Specially at stage photography, with high contrast and rapidly changing in the light, exposure is a bit of hit and miss with K20D. Alas spot metering does not help me much because of the changes in lighting and constant movements of the subjects. Stage photography is a risky sport

To my understanding, exposure is more accurate with K-7. So now I'm thinking: Will the improved exposure give me significant improvements of my keepers rate under those conditions?

Does any of the pre production testers have anything to say about this?

Could have asked in one of the established threads. But I hope to get more input in a separate thread.