Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Look What "CANON" Sent Me

I just got this invitation for two delivered to me by messenger. I thought it would cause a chuckle as it is from Canon Professional for a cocktail and diner for all of the pro users and photographers sponsored by CANON...I left my friend at Pentax a message asking if he wanted to go to a special event with me, not stating what it is...Can't wait to drop it on him...

PS: I don't think that Canon know that I am with Pentax. I guess it will be obvious in October at the PMA in Paris...Yikes!

Here is the invite..

Last edited by benjikan; 02-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
04-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You could show up wearing a Pentax Polo.
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I would love to see the Canon Rep. at the door. "Hi Ben, we need to make a name tag for your guest. What company was it you work for "
04-30-2007, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

All that I can say is I hope that you have a good time there Ben

04-30-2007, 10:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Not Sure..

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
All that I can say is I hope that you have a good time there Ben
I'm not sure I will show up..if you catch my drift!
04-30-2007, 10:44 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I'm not sure I will show up..if you catch my drift!
They might find out what he has done and try to lynch him.
04-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Veteran Member

"And now we reveal the main star of the night,...(Drumrolll)...The Canon 1----Ohhh..."
(*the curtains lift to reveal a K10D)

04-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
Kim

Don't go there! It's a trap!

They are going to send you to their special "camp".
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #9
wll
Veteran Member

Your Take On Hoya Takeover 4-30-07

Ben, Have you heard anything regarding the takeover bid ? I'm very uneasy about this and have stopped purchasing everything Pentax until things are OK.

Do you have confidence that the 645D will come out along with the new Pro DSLR ? I hope so, as Pentax is my camera of choice by far, but I don't like the takeover bid plan that very well may leave the Pentax Imaging Division to twist and die if Hoya does not like Pentax's numbers :-(

wll
04-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My Meeting on Thursday...

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
Ben, Have you heard anything regarding the takeover bid ? I'm very uneasy about this and have stopped purchasing everything Pentax until things are OK.

Do you have confidence that the 645D will come out along with the new Pro DSLR ? I hope so, as Pentax is my camera of choice by far, but I don't like the takeover bid plan that very well may leave the Pentax Imaging Division to twist and die if Hoya does not like Pentax's numbers :-(

wll
I am having my meeting Thursday 3 May at 15:00 with the President of Pentax France and the Director of Commercial Relations. You can be sure that I will bring up the concerns voiced here. However the impression I got from my last talk with my guy at Pentax, showed little or no concern. The fact that they are going full steam ahead in to the PMA in Paris in October sends out a very clear message. None the less, in the worst case scenario we could all go out and buy a ton of Benq Digital camera's and start a forum...

I'll find out what I can..

Ben
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I Know...It's an Ambush

QuoteOriginally posted by Kim Quote
Don't go there! It's a trap!

They are going to send you to their special "camp".
I am sure that as soon as I walk in to the place, I will be ambushed by a sh-t load of Paparazzi Photographers all with "Huge" Flashes and Long Sharp White lenses with thin little red lips around them. They will start shooting away in unison. I will be blinded by the light. I will eventually relent and fall to my knees to repent my transgressions. However as time goes by, people will speak about and memorialize that famous day somewhat similar to the lesser known St.Valentines Day Massacre. It will be called the "Canon Gauntlet Massacre"...

I dread the thought...Anyone want to join me? Preferably with a huge can of mace and lens cleaning tissue? Don't forget the extra pair of underwear...

Ben
04-30-2007, 04:32 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Their loss and our gain, Ben. I'm glad you're with us so we can absorb (some) of your knowledge.

You might want go, anyway - there'll probably be free booze.

Jer
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #13
Veteran Member

at the reception, curtain goes up or butler comes in with silver tray, whatever, please say for me: "That is one butt ugly camera!" Truly, a camera only its mother could love.
05-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Tons...

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Their loss and our gain, Ben. I'm glad you're with us so we can absorb (some) of your knowledge.

You might want go, anyway - there'll probably be free booze.

Jer
Of Course..that is a given. But if I get drunk which rarely happens, I may say some things that I "Won't" regret.
05-01-2007, 06:37 AM   #15
Inactive Account

i second showing up with the pentax polo