Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Mine came yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not get home until really late, so the only thing I did was do a quick "look over" and put the battery on to charge. I hope to be home at a decent hour today so I can really see what it is all about. I am off Friday for the holiday (my clients are federal government), so I have a 3-day weekend to play with it. I also plan to keep my K100D.

BTW, mine came from QVC (thanks to my lovely wife), and it has the "II" 18-55 kit lens. Someone asked about this in one other thread, but I can't find the thread.

07-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Let's hear it for those Last-Gen'ers

One more K20D purchaser, who is impatiently awaiting delivery. You have me envious.

I personally think buying last year's model is the best way to go for everything electronic. Also, the marginal gain on today's generation of bodies matters less to me than previous years (video? why would I want that from my DSLR?).

From what I've experienced, photography is much more about the glass than the body, anyway. The feature to price ratio is so good right now, I was able to add a good macro to my kit.

I look forward to hearing your first experiences with your new camera.

-David
07-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
David:

I have made that recommendation to clients since the early 90s...but do you think I EVER listen to that same voice in my head? Oh, HECK NO!! hahahaha...and every time I do not I am disappointed...so this time I decided to do the patient thing, well see how long THAT lasts once the K7 hits the shelves in the US.
07-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jmbower Quote
my poor k100d is sulking in the corner.

The shutter seems quieter than the K100d...which is cool. Maybe it's just my specific k100d, but man, it's loud.

The af/m switch doesn't seem as ergonomic as the k100d's. it's nice to have afc/afs/manual, but it's a weird movement to move it.

There are more buttons than I know what to do with.

cool, can't wait to play with it.
I have had my K20 for about 2 months now and yes my K100 feels lonely too.

I too have found that both the AF switch and the SR switch are much more difficult to use than the switches on the K100. Really difficult at night with out any light.

The shutter silence and its speed (vs the K100) is quite large.

It is a larger camera, which I was worried about, however it is working out just fine.

I think that with the 3 year warranty, I will be using this for quite some time....

07-03-2009, 06:52 AM   #20

Congratuations! I went from a k100d super to a k20d about a year ago.

The things I notices were:
quieter shutter
iso 1600!
dual dials, probably my favorite feature
TAV mode

on a side note, get the grip... that and an Optech strap were my a couple of my best purchasing decisions