Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Could you ask her a question for me?

QuoteOriginally posted by Christian Quote
Battery charged! Film in! I see the number change every time I take a shot so I know it's in properly.

I have lots of shots of the lightshade, TV and the cuckoo clock. Nice.

Tried my old manual Sigma 24mm Macro and Pentax 50 1.7 M. They work. Genius!

I'm really tired and I need to wrap my girlfriend's birthday present ... but I still have sooo many buttons and settings to play with!
I tried to call, but the line was busy..Could you ask your girlfriend if it is the same Hotel and Room number for tonight? Thanks, appreciate it.

Ben...the dork...I always feel giddy when someone gets a new toy. It reminds me of Christmas.

Oh and about tonight. Tell her it's off...She told me about you...

04-30-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I meant every time I wind on...
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I meant every time I wind on...

yeah, that was pretty dorky... she's too young for you anyway... ;-)
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Just waiting for the battery to charge... COME ON!!!!

Having just purchased one myself, I know exactly where you're coming from. Having to charge a battery first just simply ruins the instant gratification. After an hour or so of that nonsense, I was ready to strip the batteries from my flashlight and wire them to the camera just so I could see the darn display come on. Perhaps luckily, my flashlight batteries were dead.

stewart

04-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Christian!!!!!:-). I've had mine for a week and I can't keep my hands off it:-). I like lots of buttons and stuff to mess around with. That's whats so cool about this camera. It seems like the Pentax guys made this camera for me. Sure, there are a few things that might have been done in another way but nothing is perfect. I can't just fly through all the options just yet, I need more time. But it seems everything is right where it should be and I like the way these guys think, you know what I mean? Instead of a bunch of "scene" modes and stuff, these guys give you the power to do it yourself! They give you the controls, very well laid out, I might add, to do whatever you might want to do. Awesome camera in my opinion.
And the pictures, oh my:-).
Enjoy Christian!!!!!
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #21
Veteran Member

congrats on the new toy!
-Dan
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the K10D owners. You will love the camera. I had the *ist DS and when I got the K10D, I realised a giant leap forward.

YB.
k10dbook home

05-01-2007, 02:26 AM   #23

I'm really tired and I need to wrap my girlfriend's birthday present ... but I still have sooo many buttons and settings to play with!
WOW, you bought a K10D for your girlfriend's birthday present??? You must be expecting something great from her... indecent exposures maybe?

Glad to hear you made the move, good choice. Your lampshade probably never looked better.

Phil
05-01-2007, 02:36 AM   #24
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote
WOW, you bought a K10D for your girlfriend's birthday present??? You must be expecting something great from her... indecent exposures maybe?

Glad to hear you made the move, good choice. Your lampshade probably never looked better.

Phil
oh no... the camera is mine! She gets a necklace.

The only thing I was thinking is that maybe I didn't need the sigma just yet. The Manuals work fine and look so cool on the camera!! And not as heavy!

But I think having the 18-50 is good or speed of use and a cheapish way of having some kind of wideangle capability.

I'm not too well at the moment which means I'm at home for a couple of days. Think I caught some kind of drink/food related illness over the weekend.

So I may give some macro work a go after all... in my garden... maybe some kind of bug. Who knows.

I'm loving the camera... she's in bed with me right now!... (it's ok, my girlfriend's at work and won't be back for hours)
05-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Right... time to become a 'site supporter' I think....
05-01-2007, 05:03 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k10dbook Quote
Welcome to the K10D owners. You will love the camera. I had the *ist DS and when I got the K10D, I realised a giant leap forward.

YB.
k10dbook home
Coming from a 300D to a K10D in my case was a tremendous leap forward in performance and image quality!

Congrats on a great purchase. You won't regret that.
05-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #27
Inactive Account

I just charged the batteries while I was waiting for the mail to deliver my "new" toy. That way I didn't have to wait for them to charge. :')
05-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #28
Inactive Account

Congrats Christian, I'm glad to see you finally made the move from the dark side. You got a K10D on your girlfriends birthday and she got a necklace? (that's really nice) Now what are you going to get on your birthday? Since it is now morning where you are, How did the three of you sleep? (I just love threesomes) I hope she didn't toss and turn all night trying to show you her fancy new buttons. I know my wife hates it when I take the camera to bed and not her
05-07-2007, 03:44 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey that was no cheap necklace! (but maybe not as expensive as my camera... ;-)