Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Release Date for K10D

After reading a post in the other forum, it seems the release date for the K10D is still to be the on or slightly before Nov. 30th. this would put the camera in stores between Dec. 3rd and the 22nd. Hopefully It will be a marry Christmas for all of us who have preordered.

However many over there are talking about jumping ship since the camera is not in their hands now. To them Pentax is stalling because the camera will not preform as they expected.

I don't see where Pentax has lied to anyone about the fetures of the camera or the quality. In my opinion Pentax is rushing to get the camera to market and finding they really needed to tweek the firmware. This takes time to test and debug as would any computer program. I sure wouldn't want any company to ship a product knowing there may be problems.

Pentax has the consumer as top priority and wants to give the quality everyone expects. In fact As I have already Preordered my K10D I would rather wait for a camera with no known defects rather than have one that would need to be repaired because the company wanted the sales instead of the quality.

So for all of us here that will wait I say to you all Stay the course. Pentax will deliver the very best quality to us in the quickest time they can.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

11-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

You know I agree. All the ship jumpers can go. I mean come on you can't wait another two, three, four week. Another thing is really who know's I think all the rumors are just that. Until I see something on thier site I will just sit and wait and be happy with what I have. The insane talk about what is bad a and how it is bigger and bulkier and on and on about something they have no clue about is crazy. just wait I am sure those that can will be pleasanlty surprised. those that can't ... oh they will be back. More ship jumpers be more availablity for those that really want one.
11-04-2006, 03:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ABSOMELOOTLY Pat. Im glad you see the point.
11-04-2006, 04:58 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A k10d weather sealed with so many features for this price is just unbelievable to start with.

Already waited for this camear since july.. why not keep on waiting anyway

11-04-2006, 05:10 AM   #5

the official pentax here in sweden tought that europe would get the k10d before north america...

for some reson...

lets hope!
11-04-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
After reading a post in the other forum, it seems the release date for the K10D is still to be the on or slightly before Nov. 30th. this would put the camera in stores between Dec. 3rd and the 22nd. Hopefully It will be a marry Christmas for all of us who have preordered.

However many over there are talking about jumping ship since the camera is not in their hands now. To them Pentax is stalling because the camera will not preform as they expected.

I don't see where Pentax has lied to anyone about the fetures of the camera or the quality. In my opinion Pentax is rushing to get the camera to market and finding they really needed to tweek the firmware. This takes time to test and debug as would any computer program. I sure wouldn't want any company to ship a product knowing there may be problems.

Pentax has the consumer as top priority and wants to give the quality everyone expects. In fact As I have already Preordered my K10D I would rather wait for a camera with no known defects rather than have one that would need to be repaired because the company wanted the sales instead of the quality.

So for all of us here that will wait I say to you all Stay the course. Pentax will deliver the very best quality to us in the quickest time they can.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David

Morning David,
Those threads on DP* were some of the most rediculous I've read. Where are the jumpers going to go, Sony, Nikon? You notice that I do not post there as often as I once did. I do a lot more lurking.

I pre ordered my K10 the day Pentax anounced them. Before B&H even posted the cam to their web site. I called and asked if they were accepting orders. They said yes, I said gimme. No hesitation. The feature set of this camera for the price is just to outstanding to pass up. (Ican't wait for the new lenses next year)

As to the final quality, Pentax's release history is that they release fully fleashed out high quality equipment. I am not nervous at all that that the K10 won't perform upto specs. I could use it now, but I'm perfectly willing to wait for them to get it tweaked right.

Cheers
Alan
11-04-2006, 07:07 AM   #7

I will not jump ship from Pentax.

But I am considering to steping down to the K100D for my starter Digtal SLR.

Calumet, which is a outfit I have delt with at work Thursday told me that my pre-order was to ship yesterday. a check on the website changed from 1-8 days to waiting for vendor message. Called Friday and was told by customer service that they were not sure when they will get the cameras.

I go to the Pentax USA site and find nothing about the release date. The Japanese site (translated) is showing the end of November. All the oher indications were a early 7 Nov-mid November date.

I understand what Pentax is doing. But circumstances and a two events are comming very quickly that might make my purchase decision for me. The late november date to me was based on some vendor messages from what I have read on two forums. Now the Manufacture is confusing the issue.

If I get the K100D, I will definately purchase the K10D later on.
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM   #8
aekn

The K100D is a great start. I found it a joy to use, except for the short battery life. The colors and exposure are right on the money, and it feels great in use.

I can't wait for the K10D either!

11-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Bad news from amazon.com:
Availability: This item will be released on January 15, 2007. Pre-order now!. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.
11-07-2006, 02:57 PM   #10

I refuse to believe the Amazon.com availablity dates.

Pentax has three dates mentioned on three different Pentax websites. 20 November from the Sweedish site, 24 November from a small mention in the UK website and 30 November from their Japanese dates.

If I contiinue to believe the Amazon dates.. I will have a nervous breakdown or something.
11-07-2006, 04:02 PM   #11

Photos: Albums
I've read the same posts at DP and quite frankly end up laughing at them. You really have to ask yourself a question ... why are so many so intent on picking apart Pentax and the K10D release date? Why are there so many C&N users trolling the Pentax forums to point out any and all weaknesses whether true or imagined?
My thoughts are this .... Pentax for the first time in a very long time are going to make an impact on the serious ameture SLR market and those that feel quite secure looking down at Pentax and their products just might be looking face to face at least in that segment of the market. A very disturbing prospect ...
The K10D may or may not have an impact on the marketplace ... time will only tell. At the very least, it will be fun to watch.

... cheers
11-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Fun to watch those trolls and nahsayers need a little less sugar in thier diets. As every day passes they come up with more and more . " I heard", or a firends, brothers, cousin who knows a girl who's sister works on the production line said ....blah blah blah. Some of my other favorites. The noise issue, the size issue... those guys are, if anything good for a laugh. All I can say is have DS very happy, want K10 but not up nights worring why or when I will get it.
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Canada has early November as the K10 release date
Pentax Canada - K10D

BTW, is it just Pentax Canada that is offering a 2 year warrenty?

cheers
11-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #14

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pentax.co.jp%2Fjapan%2Fnews%2F2006%2F200647.html&langpair=ja%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Translated from the Japanese Pentax Site.

So who is right? Only Pentax knows.. LOL

I am starting to consider to order a K100D and keep my K10D order on.. I can say one is my alternate body and one is my Christmas Present!!!!
11-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #15
Forum Member

In the other list NedB has stated that end November is the release date for the USA.

Seems like a fairly solid clue

Rod