Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rico Quote
BubbaBob you could try this custom housing outfit The Sexton Photographic.

The pricing is going to be higher but they will custom fit the housing to your favorite lenses.

What might bring down the cost at Sexton is if you can find other K-7 owners who would also want an underwater housing.

I don't think it will be a matter of whether the K-7 sells enough as it will be enough K-7 owners wanting housings.
Very Interesting. Thanks Rico!

07-01-2009, 08:52 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
If there would be more users of this in the colders regions or those that go on mountaineering a lot in the alps, then definitely, this would be a winner!
I dunno, yaknow, they *could* be. Pentax is starting to advertise even the P&S'es as operating well in subzero, which seems to have been the case for some while, anyway, (maybe they were like, "Dude, they sent one into *space* without a spaceship, and it worked. ) Could be they figured out why, and decided they could market on that, ...but I guess after some conspicuous failures of Canon 5d's on the same trips, that could be a real thing.
07-02-2009, 03:25 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
*space* without a spaceship
Cold temperatures in extremely thin atmosphere (or vacuum) isn't challenging at all. Overheating is a bigger problem than cold temperature there.

But I agree, the K-7 may be the best bad weather performer out there.
07-04-2009, 03:38 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Cold temperatures in extremely thin atmosphere (or vacuum) isn't challenging at all. Overheating is a bigger problem than cold temperature there.

But I agree, the K-7 may be the best bad weather performer out there.
Hi Falconeye

I see you are close to the alps which must be incredible.

I'm an avid mountaineer/rockclimber and part of mountain rescue and too be quite honest a camera takes a beating - being shoved in and out in a backpack.

Their is no other camera on the market right now that can compete for toughness, Weatherproofed, compactness, IQ, price etc than the K7 for these type of conditions.

Next in line is Nikon D300 - but just way too big and much more expensive

Oly have the E3 - nice cam - just dont really like 4/3 format as I tend to end up throwing away pixels to convert to 3/2 format.

Canon's have absolutely nothing unless you want to hunker a 1ds.

Regards

Dylan

07-04-2009, 04:23 AM   #20

Pentax Underwater

Uwe at UK Germany is friendly and helpful and supported all Pentax cameras so far.

http://www.uk-germany.com/

EASYDIVE: Who we are

I'm getting a local machinist to modify my old Subal housing to suit my k7. That way I can use all my old ports.

I also know a guy who simply posted his *istDS to Ikelite and they fitted it to a housing and sent him the bill, though this is not an advertised service.