Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2009, 03:50 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K200D firmaware update

Hi

What you wish update contains?

I like to see that you could change RAW-button to ISO-button, press the button and use the wheel to adjust ISO.

LeGuillotine

06-30-2009, 08:24 AM   #2

I would like to see the new setup in viewing the aperture and shutter speed iso etc on the LCD like in K2000. Since the K200D LCD on top does not light up, it would be nice to have some clear display on the LCD.
06-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
I think K200D is very good.

All users are satisfied, no ideas for getting it better??
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Only some bug fixes for the lockup problem I have seen.

06-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you search this forum, you'll find other threads on this topic over the last year or so, including a thread from just a week or two ago. My vote would have been for an improvement to ISO setting procedure and a way to display both ISO and # shots remaining. A couple of minor other things have occured to me but I can't think of any right now.

But in any case, given that the K200D was discontinued long ago, it's pretty much moot - aside from perhaps support for new SD card formats, it's unlikely that the K200D would receive any updates at this point.
07-01-2009, 01:02 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Sabatella Quote
But in any case, given that the K200D was discontinued long ago, it's pretty much moot - aside from perhaps support for new SD card formats, it's unlikely that the K200D would receive any updates at this point.
Why you say it is discontinued? It is Japan site, it is in USA site.
Is the manufacturing stopped?

If that is true, I hope Pentax do not abandon K200D, I was thinking that because I'm out of money, I keep K200D and get some good optics. And after 2-5 years I will get some new body (Maybe 2011 Pentax ESD, 40years after original ES or PZ-1D after 20 years original PZ-1 )

LeGuillotine

Ps Someone should make PentaxHac like canon

Last edited by LeGuillotine; 07-01-2009 at 01:09 AM.
07-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #7
Pentaxian

The Pentax K200D has been discontinued, this has been confirmed by Pentax UK & in other countries too. It has been "replaced" by the K-m / K1000, even though itīs a lower-spec camera.

But regardless of that, your plan to gather a good collection of lenses & upgrade the body in a few years remains a good one. Thereīs no need to upgrade now, the K200D is still has better specs than any other camera at the same price-point, from any manufacturer, so itīs not obsolete as such.

07-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #8

The only thing I hope (hoped?) to see improved is battery power management. I feel that the camera turns off too soon as voltage decreases. I also noticed that when the battery meter displays a 50% battery level, turning the mode knob just one click back and forth often makes the meter display 100% again. Funny, isn't it? I'll soon post more about that and LSD batteries in the appropriate thread.
07-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Some of k20d's functions added and older useful functions reimplemented which not necessarily means higher end camera, but ensures flawless operation. As well as other mostly functional and needed additions (- i'm not asking for 10 fps here).

* AF adjustment.
2+ month wait for simple calibration is just silly.

* Remote capture (to PC).
This was one of the reasons why i actually choose Pentax, i think it's a must for a DSLR grade camera.

* Seperate MLU activation mode (for instant shutter release with wired remote).

But something tells me that there might be hardware problem with prolonged mirror up position, so the 2s limit. Battery drain? Well 10..30s MLU with free shutter release during that time should be enough.

* Manual SDM/Screw-drive select.
This is holding me off, of buying any SDM lenses.

Maybe some more, but not that important to me.
Btw, those all are some wishes, have there ever been any "official" letter to Pentax. Is there a real chance if we compile a most wanted feature list of some 5 functions from all users, say, gather enough "signatures", Pentax could implement them?

First we could find all suggestions of firmware upgradable feature requests, then make a poll to determine top wanted.

Last edited by ytterbium; 07-06-2009 at 11:41 PM.
07-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #10

Photos: Albums
I think this is a great idea! Having been a canon user, i extensively toyed with CHDK and i think i have some ideas. Correct me if they have already been implemented and i don't know how to use my camera...
So, things i miss:

1) An intervalometer. I don't think this could be too hard... Just a drop down menu to specify number of shots, separation between shots and time to first shot.

2) Aperture bracketing? I find this quite useful depending on the lens you are using...

3) Scripting. Ok, this is a long shot. I read here (i think) that pentax cameras use a special OS, but.... there's nothing wrong with wishing, right?

Anyways, i'm sure i left something under the table, so if i remember, i'll post it.

PS: More than 3 shots when bracketing!!! Why only three???
And how about specifying shutter speed for longer shots??
That's it!!
07-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regarding the intervalometer, you may be interested in this thread:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/67329-turn-ti-g...intervalometer

If you do it with a TI-82 you will spend less than $15-20 (U.S.)
07-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #12

Yeh, I'd love to see a firmware update with some of the aforementioned bug fixes and updates.