Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2007, 03:50 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wethphotography Quote
You have to remove the grip to change the battery in the camera.

If you have one battery like I do, you can run the camera with the battery in the grip so you dont have to take it off when you want/need to recharge the battery. Which I havent yet and its been alomst a month, that is freaking awesome.

05-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
You folks are making it tough for me. What would Einstein do? Should I imagine myself in a closed elevator accelerating through empty space and testing the weight of my K10D with grip attached?

Jer
05-04-2007, 01:21 AM   #18

I stuck one of my old "L" flash brackets (left hand hold) on my GX-10. BANG! it was a match made in Heaven. Puts the weight in my "off" hand, allows vertical shots easily, and costs $0.00.

It looks something like this
05-09-2007, 06:45 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I feel obligated to report that I have the answer and it doesn't depend on Newton (dismal mechanics), or Einstein (relatively uninteresting) but with Quatum Mechanics!! I employed the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and flipped through the Schrodinger equation which reduced to this:

Uncertainty about Pentax's Future * Uncertainty whether I want to add to the already formidable weight of K10D = Buy a Grip. So I did.

Besides, my wife is out of the house for the moment so I can sneak this in while she won't notice!

Jer

Last edited by Sailor; 05-09-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: wretched editing the first time
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by davemdsn Quote
I find it almost completely unnecessary, except when doing a lot of vertical shots where it saves me a lot of hand pain. Yet, I love it and wouldn't want to live without it. I know, I don't make much sense. My opinion... if there is a rebate on it, nobody should be without it.
hahaha.. see..

I was trying to get my friend that owns a K10D to get a battery grip for it.. and she's all, "whatever for? It's completely useless to me."

Which is true.. but.. it's a battery grip!!! I WANT IT. lol. (I borrow the camera enough that it's almost worth *me* buying it).

Unfortunately, I cannot find Pentax or Samsung batteries anywhere.. so it would end up being a portrait grip alone.
05-10-2007, 05:52 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
If you have one battery like I do, you can run the camera with the battery in the grip so you dont have to take it off when you want/need to recharge the battery. Which I havent yet and its been alomst a month, that is freaking awesome.
I have neither the K10D nor the grip (yet) but the two-battery solution I see is to set the camera to use the grip battery first. By the time you've depleted both batteries, removing the grip really won't seem a chore.

Also, if you remove the grip to travel light, you've a fully-charged battery in the camera. If you remove the grip before leaving home, you can charge the grip battery, then swap out the camera battery when you get back to base.

Personal weight tolerance and ergonomics aside, the grip seems useful (especially with current rebates). I hope to check out a K10D/grip combo at my local dealer today or tomorrow.

Daryl