Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 to view the new Pentax site you need to view it in compatibility mode. That will allow you to see the updates. I thought it was broke also. To view in compatibility mode click on the icon to the left of the refresh icon on the address bar.

07-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #17

My Sports Shooting Tip

QuoteOriginally posted by vmax84 Quote
Which memory card would you recommeded for my K100D shooting sports (soccer, fast moving stuff) shooting in continuous? I currently use a 1gb standard card, but I can only get 3 or 4 quick shots before the camera pauses and writes to the card.

I am also going to update the firmware when Pentax fixes their website.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

vmax84
One great tip that someone gave me for shooting sports is to use a focus point at the player's feet. That way, the camera doesn't try to focus on the bleachers in the background and then back to the player, back to the bleachers, etc. If you are focusing on the ground that the player is on, the camera doesn't hunt all over the place and focusing errors are minimized.
07-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by felix68 Quote
One great tip that someone gave me for shooting sports is to use a focus point at the player's feet. That way, the camera doesn't try to focus on the bleachers in the background and then back to the player, back to the bleachers, etc. If you are focusing on the ground that the player is on, the camera doesn't hunt all over the place and focusing errors are minimized.
I'll have to try that............what do set camera for in regards to how it focuses? Area focus, the center focus (not near my camera or manual, so grasping for the right terminology), etc.

Thanks again.

vmax84