Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 03:28 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K20D ergonomics & K7?

Hi all,

For those of you who have the K20D, does your right hand get cramped up or hurt during normal use of the camera?

I have large hands (can reach 10 keys on a standard piano) and I've been using a K20D for a short period of time. Maybe it's my hand positioning, but I find pain in my knuckles because (it seems like) my hand "bends" or "wraps" around the grip too early. It just feels like the space between the grip and lens area is a bit too short, but everything else is nice! =). Ideally my hand could stretch out a bit more on the camera.

I've also been comparing the K20D feel (in my right hand) to my Spotmatic (SPII) and I find no pain when I hold the Spotmatic. I find my fingers extend all the way to the area right behind the lens.

I haven't given up the K20D or Pentax, but I'm seriously contemplating a K7 and I'm worried because it looks like the K7 has shrunk compared the K20D.

Look forward to your comments

- slrl0ver

07-03-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I do have K20D and need the battery grip to be able to hold it properly. Without the grip my ring finger is half engaged and little finger hangs under the body ofter hitting the quick relase plate attached to the camera which makes it hurt in the long run.
07-03-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Maffer Quote
I do have K20D and need the battery grip to be able to hold it properly. Without the grip my ring finger is half engaged and little finger hangs under the body ofter hitting the quick relase plate attached to the camera which makes it hurt in the long run.
I have the same issue with Maffer and I have the grip permanently on the K20D