Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Inactive Account

K-7's in Canada!

I guess Canada got the K-7's in finally. Picked mine up today, I think I will figure out the movie mode before getting around to trying the stills.

07-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #2

Pix or it didn't happen
07-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
ok

Here's the Pic,

now back to movie mode...
Attached Images

07-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #4

HHHHNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!
So jealous!

I can't wait to start seeing some K7 movies start popping up on these boards!

Please come back and let us know how the movie mode is.
I'm very excited to be able to start taking some video when I'm on vacation or wandering around town, especially with the aperture cracked wide open on some of my primes.

PS: I am so happy with the styling on the K-7. The angles on the flash and the shape of the grip are gorgeous. Really excellent retro styling.

07-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
McBain Cameras in Edmonton Alberta posted on the companies facebook blog:

McBain Camera Ltd. at 9:32am July 3
We should be receiving 20+ K-7's today (July 3rd).
07-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Mine Is Waiting For Me

QuoteOriginally posted by augustmoon Quote
I guess Canada got the K-7's in finally.
Mine is waiting for me downtown at thecamerastore.com
07-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mr. The Guy Quote
Mine is waiting for me downtown at thecamerastore.com
Dang lucky, I called Mcbains after reading the post they put on the site and they said it didn't come in and Pentax has told them it'll be delayed for about a week. none of the stores in Edmonton have it yet, but Calgary does....sounds suspicious to me lol.
07-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #8
Pentaxian

My pusher had my K-7 waiting for me at noon today. It's a pretty nice little camera.

07-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Darn you all!! LOL
Don't think any of my local stores have it just yet.

Looking forward to getting one of my own in the future. My funds are a bit dry right now in that department

But hey, who knows... maybe it'll be like the DA*55: walk into a store, try it out, buy it a few days after.

Congrats to you Canadians who have one!!
07-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
Darn you all!! LOL
Don't think any of my local stores have it just yet.

Looking forward to getting one of my own in the future. My funds are a bit dry right now in that department

But hey, who knows... maybe it'll be like the DA*55: walk into a store, try it out, buy it a few days after.

Pentaxor posted in the rumors forums that he got a call from his camera store in Vancouver that his k7 is waitign for him in the store. Call around you might get lucky.
07-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Jon, $10 says you get yours before I do... ;-)

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote

07-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #12
Site Supporter

augustmoon: Please, Please!!! Post some K-7 pix taken with that gorgeous 43 Limited!
07-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
augustmoon: Please, Please!!! Post some K-7 pix taken with that gorgeous 43 Limited!
Stupid me!

Been shooting RAW PEF's today, then, of course, Lightroom doesn't recognize them yet! Gotta start over with DNG's or something!

----EDIT---- Nevermind, I found the Lightroom update, duh!

My iMac (even though it's a new one with 4GB RAM) not quite up to the task of dealing with the compressed AVI clips as well, gonna try now to shoot with a lower quality to see what I get, but so far the shorter clips I have played, look really nice, like HD video, only instead of a crappy lens, with the FA43.

I've been shooting the video with the FA43 at F2, and keeping it on manual focus so I can at least control that.

Also some of the Nikkor and Olympus lenses that I have, which are stop-down deals, will let me also control the aperture from the lens, as you can't do that from the body once you've activated the movie mode (whether or not you've started shooting or not)

Last edited by augustmoon; 07-03-2009 at 04:05 PM.
07-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Another Nickel

Oh, good deal here for fellow Torontonians, the plastic bag was included in the sale price.
07-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK, forgive the crummy pics, just happens to be that these views from my balcony are very very familiar to me, so a good first few pics for my own self usage. I have a million of these pics from different cameras and lenses, seems like the first place I step out to to take a pic of. Just in these, for myself I can see a world of difference just in what I am used to seeing.

Overall a nifty camera. About the right size for me. A worthwhile upgrade for my own reasons, but it does feel like the images so far seem to be more detailed and better formed, less noise even when I pump up the sharpness in Lightroom, and it sure is nice to be able to get a decent preview on the LCD screen for once, that alone will save me a lot of grief, especially with live-view focusing that I do with all my manual lenses and macro lenses.

Once I get my computer upgraded, I really do think the video will meet my needs. Just might need to get a bigger SD card. Gonna be nice for sure to use a decent lens with video for once, and do some decent manual focusing as well.

Also nobody in Toronto seems to have the extra batteries for it yet, well, hopefully those items will ship here soon. I'm not sure what the reports have been with the pre-production models, but it seems like with a lot of video shooting, the batteries will deplete a lot faster than I am used to with my K20D.

Well, enough of my limited use babble...

Cheers! I hope everyone is able to get theirs in the next couple of days then.
Attached Images