Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10D battery charger

I'm in Ireland on a two week vacation, and what happens? My battery charger quits working. A little gal who works at a "photo shop" here in Dingle said there were universal chargers available, but the store where she worked was out of them. Does anyone know anything about some type of universal charger which can be used with the K10D battery? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CN

07-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Site Supporter

That's why I like the Pentax cameras that use the AA batteries.

The battery grip would not be a help, unless you can find an off-brand that holds AA batteries.
07-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Are you sure the power source you are using is compatible (110-120 v ac) ?
Also if the light is not on it may still be charging your battery as the little light can die on the charger(in theory) without it stopping the charger from working.Make sure the two metal tines are up and retract when you push on them. There is very little that can go wrong with these chargers. I hope you get it working.
07-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
There's no problem re voltage. Ireland has 220 v, but I have a converter. The last time I used the charger I remember thinking that the battery had charged a lot faster than I had expected. Unfortunately, when I put it in my camera yesterday turns out it wasn't fully charged. I tried the charger again yesterday hoping it might charge despite the light not coming on. No luck. I've googled Pentax and Ireland, and the only dealer hit in the entire country is in Dublin. Unfortunately that's where we end our tour of the island.

07-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #5
pbo
Veteran Member

I just bought a Minolta NP400 charger from ebay (NP400 is said to be the same as D-LI50 in K10D). Both of my batteries are drained right now and I'm pissed at my charger that decided to hide somewhere in the house I'll see if the generic charger for minolta works well with my k10d batteries; if it does, you might as well try your luck and see if they have it in the shop, I'll report sometime later
07-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
just few day ago i bogth double set battery with mobile and standart charger plus include clean set from cameta camera.price with SAD 35$