Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hurry k20 buyer offer ends!!

Pentax's three year warranty ends, thats one year standard and two years extended manufacture warrany. All repairs must be done by pentax usa!!!
This offer ends 7-31-2009, you have 30 days to register with coupon inclosed in the box. A nice deal for new buyer.

Hane a great and safe 4th!!!

07-04-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I think Pentax USA terminated the 3 year offer

I looked yesterday at pentax USA and they no longer offer the 3 year warranty special. it was supposed to run till 7-31.

That said isn't the K-7 having 3 year warranty special for USA buyers? I could not find official info at Pentax USA for K-7 or K20D

QuoteOriginally posted by COULDBE2 Quote
Pentax's three year warranty ends, thats one year standard and two years extended manufacture warrany. All repairs must be done by pentax usa!!!
This offer ends 7-31-2009, you have 30 days to register with coupon inclosed in the box. A nice deal for new buyer.

Hane a great and safe 4th!!!
07-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #3

Original Poster
Spoke with pentax usa

The rep stated that the offer is good till 7-31-2009. The eclosed card must be filled out within 30 days of purchase after that you will have 3 years of warranty
07-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #4

Just got my K20D and there is no enclosed 3 yr warranty card, so not sure you are talking about.

07-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Amen brother

QuoteOriginally posted by 41ants Quote
Just got my K20D and there is no enclosed 3 yr warranty card, so not sure you are talking about.
i have just bought 2 new k20ds and registered them online ..but i have never seen a warranty card in the boxes ...and i bought them new from certified dealers....i dont know where these people are finding these cards?
07-10-2009, 09:32 PM   #6

Offer is good till July 31st. I just did this myself. Here's what you do: Go to Pentax website. Go to the Customer care tab and either call the number on it or use their Live Chat. A friendly rep will tell you to email or fax in your contact info, serial number plus a copy of your sales receipt (attn: K20D ext. warranty). They will then mail you an ext. warranty card. The card contains a "control number." With that you can go to the web site to register on line (make sure it's for ext. warranty). The trick is this web page is buggy and will hang on you. I found it best to stop each pageload and then hit resend. Or you can call in your info. Service is very friendly and responsive. Also don't worry re the 30 days limit. The registration entry goes by month. So if you bought in June or July you'll be fine. Good luck guys!
07-11-2009, 03:24 AM   #7

Original Poster
Read the following

THIS SHOULD HELP!!!!

Thank you for contacting Pentax.

Any K20D purchased between October, 2008 and July 31, 2009 from an authorized Pentax dealer in the US qualifies for a free upgrade to the 3 yr. Pentax Extended Warranty. If you did not receive your warranty card from the dealer you can obtain one from Pentax by emailing (pentaxinfo@pentax.com) or faxing (919-501-7575) a copy of your dated proof of purchase (sales receipt, credit card statement, order confirmation, packing slip, etc.) along with your name and address to Pentax, Attn.: K20D Ext. Warranty. Upon receipt of your warranty card you will need to register your warranty control number with your name, address and camera's serial number by going to this website:
Pentax U.S.A., Inc. - Extended Warranty Registration
OR by calling the technical support center at the number below.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

If you would like to participate in our new Pentax Survey, please call 1-800-350-3891.

Sincerely,
Randall Schumacher
Pentax Imaging Technical Support
07-11-2009, 08:30 AM   #8

nice!

would have been nice if they put that info on the place were you register your camera.......they need to get there act together up there

07-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #9

great!!!!!!!!

great i bought my first k20d a couple of months ago so im screwed now on the 3 year thing......this is just crap...ya know i love pentax....even thou my new k20d i got last week failed and had to send it back for another .....but there website sucks....its buggy.....and info sometimes is not clear like on the 3 year warranty thing....this is the kind of garbage that makes people go with other companys ...im not going anywhere...just saying some people, first impressions you know what im talking about
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Site Supporter

I bought my K20D on July 12 from B&H at a great price. There was no warranty card, however, in the box (what is with this?). I emailed Pentax as described by COULDBE2. Pentax replied within the hour that my warranty card was being sent. So far, things look just fine.
07-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #11

Really pleased that I came back to the Pentax forum! Had posted a problem with my Ist Ds2 a few months back. Just bought a K20, that'll arrive on Monday. Would never have heard of the 3-yr warranty, had I not visited here tonight!

Thanks much for the info!
07-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Forum Member

I had the warranty card with mine and registered online a few weeks ago. I have never received an email acknowledging receipt. It sounds like I need to contact Pentax and confirm that it is on record.
07-25-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeW Quote
I bought my K20D on July 12 from B&H at a great price. There was no warranty card, however, in the box (what is with this?). I emailed Pentax as described by COULDBE2. Pentax replied within the hour that my warranty card was being sent. So far, things look just fine.
Its because the K20D cameras were boxed long before this warranty started so how can they have a warranty card? Pentax put up advertisements on the other forums and clearly had it on their web site up until few weeks ago when the K-7 was introduced. I can't fault them with any of it except-

It does seem they don't here you the first time. I emailed them for the card and asked for a reply email to make sure everything was OK. I waited and never heard from them. The service rep gave me the direct number to the person in charge of sending out the cards and registering the warranties (yep one person), and they did get it to me.

A nice feature of this 3 year warranty at least something I really like is the free tune-up and inspection. They will make sure your dSLR performs like new 30 months from now . dSLR are highly complex machines with lots of moving parts in precise alignment, they do fall out of spec and need tuning
07-25-2009, 04:10 AM   #14
Site Supporter

Be sure to call them and get the warranty card sent to you. My warranty card arrived a couple of days ago. With it was a letter stating that it is no longer necessary to register the warranty and camera with Pentax. I called them and confirmed this. If problems arise within the three year period, send a copy of the purchase invoice or other information confirming original purchase date and a copy of the warranty card.

I've scanned all my information and attached it to an "event" on my calendar program three years hence; a copy is on the web, as well. That way I may be able to find the stuff if I need it.
07-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
Site Supporter

For what it is worth, I spoke to Pentax customer service on Monday and was told that you do not have to register the warranty specifically if you have the card. If you need service during the extended period, you do have to enclose the card with the camera when you send it back for service. My camera did come with the card.

Hope that's useful.